Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Multiple devices on Wifi in Admirals club  

Page 3 / 4
  RSS
FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
(@flymetothelooneybin)
Silver

All of this could be solved if they just gave free wifi to everyone in the AC! 😀

In the year 2011, wifi should be free to everyone. No more restrictions of access to information!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 19, 2011 1:36 am
 Anonymous

Much ado about nothing. Just write down the AAdvantage nos. of a couple of friends who are AC members and carry them with you. Problem solved.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 20, 2011 4:13 am
worldwidedreamer
(@worldwidedreamer)
Silver

FlyMeToTheLooneyBin, post: 476639 wrote: All of this could be solved if they just gave free wifi to everyone in the AC! 😀

In the year 2011, wifi should be free to everyone. No more restrictions of access to information!!!

...back in 2004 Continental offered free wifi to everyone remotely near a Presidents Club regardless of how many devices connected.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 6, 2011 5:26 am
Travel2Food
(@travel2food)
Silver

worldwidedreamer, post: 516114 wrote: ...back in 2004 Continental offered free wifi to everyone remotely near a Presidents Club regardless of how many devices connected.

Before DL bought NW, NW also had free wifi in/around the clubs. At DCA, the club was outside security and you regularly saw a group of folks sitting against the wall working on their computers (using the wifi)....

AA 0.9MM/EXP, DL 2 MM/PLT, CO PLT (through 2/11), Marriott PLT, SPG Gold, AGR, B6, Hyatt, and numerous others.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 6, 2011 5:16 pm
 Anonymous

The real reason has nothing to do with bandwidth. It's just that AA wants to prevent you from giving your Advantage number out to non AC members who may be in the club. The only way to do that is to prevent you from logging in if you are already logged in somewhere else. I doubt they have even considered the multiple device angle.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 13, 2011 8:22 pm
ChicagoEric
(@chicagoeric)
Silver

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]I will say I had an absolutely asinine conversation when I asked the lounge ‘host’ at the flagship lounge at ORD for a t-mobile card when flying international first. [/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Agent: Aren’t you an AAdmiral’s Club member?[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Me: Well, yes.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Agent: Why don’t you log on that way?[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Me: Well I am but I want to use my iPad as well as my laptop.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Agent: Well I can’t give you a card.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Me: But aren’t I entitled to one as an international first passenger.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Agent: Not if you’re an AAdmiral’s Club member.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Me: Huh?[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Agent 2: Why don’t you borrow someone else’s that isn’t using it?[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Me: You want me to go around and ask?[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Agent 2: Well . . . listen, here is a card. But you have to give it back.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Agent: We’re really not supposed to do this.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Me: I have to give it back?[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Agent 2: As soon as you’re done.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Me: Ummm… OK.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Complete waste of everyone involved’s time. [/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]I think these days two devices is not inappropriate for AAdmiral’s Club. Certainly not for Flagship Lounge.[/FONT][/SIZE]

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 13, 2011 10:58 pm
neuatomic
(@neuatomic)
Silver

ChicagoEric, post: 588534 wrote: [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]I will say I had an absolutely asinine conversation when I asked the lounge ‘host’ at the flagship lounge at ORD for a t-mobile card when flying international first. [/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Agent: Aren’t you an AAdmiral’s Club member?[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Me: Well, yes.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Agent: Why don’t you log on that way?[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Me: Well I am but I want to use my iPad as well as my laptop.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Agent: Well I can’t give you a card.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Me: But aren’t I entitled to one as an international first passenger.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Agent: Not if you’re an AAdmiral’s Club member.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Me: Huh?[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Agent 2: Why don’t you borrow someone else’s that isn’t using it?[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Me: You want me to go around and ask?[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Agent 2: Well . . . listen, here is a card. But you have to give it back.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Agent: We’re really not supposed to do this.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Me: I have to give it back?[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Agent 2: As soon as you’re done.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Me: Ummm… OK.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Complete waste of everyone involved’s time. [/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]I think these days two devices is not inappropriate for AAdmiral’s Club. Certainly not for Flagship Lounge.[/FONT][/SIZE]

I'm sure you were supremely annoyed by the pettiness and foolishness (I would anyway) but I have to admit I chuckled at your story. Actually, I laughed out loud (but not too loudly). Some folks are just nutty and/or have a nutty moment. Even FL staff aren't immune. I hope you took revenge by over-indulging in sparking wine and limp shrimp.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 14, 2011 3:04 am
ChicagoEric
(@chicagoeric)
Silver

neuatomic, post: 589792 wrote: I'm sure you were supremely annoyed by the pettiness and foolishness (I would anyway) but I have to admit I chuckled at your story. Actually, I laughed out loud (but not too loudly). Some folks are just nutty and/or have a nutty moment. Even FL staff aren't immune. I hope you took revenge by over-indulging in sparking wine and limp shrimp.

I was overwhelmed by their generosity - as much Piper Sonoma as I could drink! I can only assume they were out of J. Roget.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 14, 2011 2:36 pm
FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
(@flymetothelooneybin)
Silver

ChicagoEric, post: 588534 wrote: [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]I will say I had an absolutely asinine conversation when I asked the lounge ‘host’ at the flagship lounge at ORD for a t-mobile card when flying international first. [/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Agent: Aren’t you an AAdmiral’s Club member?[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Me: Well, yes.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Agent: Why don’t you log on that way?[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Me: Well I am but I want to use my iPad as well as my laptop.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Agent: Well I can’t give you a card.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Me: But aren’t I entitled to one as an international first passenger.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Agent: Not if you’re an AAdmiral’s Club member.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Me: Huh?[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Agent 2: Why don’t you borrow someone else’s that isn’t using it?[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Me: You want me to go around and ask?[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Agent 2: Well . . . listen, here is a card. But you have to give it back.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Agent: We’re really not supposed to do this.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Me: I have to give it back?[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Agent 2: As soon as you’re done.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Me: Ummm… OK.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Complete waste of everyone involved’s time. [/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]I think these days two devices is not inappropriate for AAdmiral’s Club. Certainly not for Flagship Lounge.[/FONT][/SIZE]

Did you try to see whether wifi was now free?

I've been able to get free wifi in the ACs in HNL and DFW recently. I'm not a member, but use Amex Plat to get in.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 14, 2011 4:42 pm
ChicagoEric
(@chicagoeric)
Silver

FlyMeToTheLooneyBin, post: 592474 wrote: Did you try to see whether wifi was now free?

I've been able to get free wifi in the ACs in HNL and DFW recently. I'm not a member, but use Amex Plat to get in.

Oh, wow. This was in mid-June. Perhaps there has been a change.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 14, 2011 7:11 pm
FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
(@flymetothelooneybin)
Silver

ChicagoEric, post: 593084 wrote: Oh, wow. This was in mid-June. Perhaps there has been a change.

I saw a sign in the SFO AC at the end of June saying they were going to do test rollouts of free wifi in the ACs.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 15, 2011 10:03 am
Rajivroy
(@rajivroy)
Silver

FlyMeToTheLooneyBin, post: 596279 wrote: I saw a sign in the SFO AC at the end of June saying they were going to do test rollouts of free wifi in the ACs.

So finally it did happen!

I was in the SFO lounge yesterday and yes I was able to
- Use my iPad to refresh my video-podcasts for the plane ride, and in parallel
- Use my laptop for uploading expense statements and image receipts, and in parallel
- Use my iphone for making skype call.

No restrictions on the number of devices!!

American, Exec Plat - 3m

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 15, 2011 4:37 pm
DestinationDavid
(@destinationdavid)

FlyMeToTheLooneyBin, post: 596279 wrote: I saw a sign in the SFO AC at the end of June saying they were going to do test rollouts of free wifi in the ACs.

Was it for the SFO AC or the sign said testing free wifi at ACs in general?

I don't need multiple devices on wifi so never really thought this was a big deal, but it's still an improvement if so!

ORD To Anywhere - Oneworld and AA news with a few trip reports, hotel reviews, and general travel stories thrown in for good measure.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 15, 2011 6:26 pm
FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
(@flymetothelooneybin)
Silver

DestinationDavid, post: 598122 wrote: Was it for the SFO AC or the sign said testing free wifi at ACs in general?

I don't need multiple devices on wifi so never really thought this was a big deal, but it's still an improvement if so!

SFO wifi is free because of SFO (even in the public areas), but the sign did say they were testing it at other ACs as well. I was at HNL and had free wifi, and DFW D had free wifi also. I'm flying out tomorrow from LAX, so I'll find out whether they have it, too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 21, 2011 3:34 am
FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
(@flymetothelooneybin)
Silver

FlyMeToTheLooneyBin, post: 625974 wrote: SFO wifi is free because of SFO (even in the public areas), but the sign did say they were testing it at other ACs as well. I was at HNL and had free wifi, and DFW D had free wifi also. I'm flying out tomorrow from LAX, so I'll find out whether they have it, too.

Just to update this information, I was at the LAX AC, and there is no free wifi. 🙁 So it sounds like it's not at all ACs just yet.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 23, 2011 4:35 pm
Page 3 / 4