Share:
Notifications
Clear all

AA Chat/Lounge Thread  

Page 173 / 173
  RSS
iolaire
(@iolaire)

iolaire, post: 2785572, member: 250 wrote: Quiet thread, just wanted to let you know that the JL flight NRT - ORD after Thanksgiving on Tuesday the 28th and Wednesday 29th have up to four business class seats available for award travel. I'm watching the timeframe for first seats...

That's long gone, but there are 2 First Seats SFO - HDN on JL 1 14:50 - 19:15+1 on November 17th that's a week from now Friday right about when people should be taking their holiday flights. It also has a connection from ORD AA 1145 in business 7:15 - 10:05. Doesn't work from DCA but maybe someone could take advantage of it.

Various trip reports related to traveling with dialysis and experiencing in center dialysis treatments at Traveling and in center hemodialysis

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 10, 2017 1:15 pm
iolaire
(@iolaire)

Found my first tickets for the return!

Various trip reports related to traveling with dialysis and experiencing in center dialysis treatments at Traveling and in center hemodialysis

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 14, 2017 9:10 pm
iolaire
(@iolaire)

I'm happy to report my weekday after thanksgiving first class seats opened up yesterday for the return and I grabbed them! That was a day over two weeks in advance. That probably is my preference Business out and First return (except of First/First).

I've also found it cool that on the hour or so AA flight to Chicago we get to pre order our breakfast and return lunch.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 15, 2017 12:01 pm
iolaire
(@iolaire)

Final update on my quest to get JL first with AA points. We flew over JL Business and returned in First. JL business was very good, and looking back I should not have became disappointed if First had not opened up.

First was great, but the business seats are good as well - I had the private window seat and my wife the aisle (since she sleeps better). The Japanese meals were great in business, we did the western meals in first to insure we had the caviar service.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 29, 2017 4:22 pm
flyforawg
(@flyforawg)
Silver

Gap bridged with creative spending, but what a pain. Wouldn't want to have to do this year after year.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 12, 2017 11:10 pm
foxberg
(@foxberg)

flyforawg, post: 2776298, member: 96618 wrote: For last three years, I just buy two $50 gift certificates. The credit posts about 3-4 calendar days thereafter.

Why only two when there's $200 annual credit with AmEx PL? I used to buy four every year, but now just buy one $200 GC at the beginning of the year. The credit posts a couple of days later. There's also Chase Ritz-Carlton card that gives you $300 back (though you have to call and ask them for the credit).

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 10, 2018 5:22 pm
flyforawg
(@flyforawg)
Silver

foxberg, post: 2807530, member: 49255 wrote: Why only two when there's $200 annual credit with AmEx PL? I used to buy four every year, but now just buy one $200 GC at the beginning of the year. The credit posts a couple of days later. There's also Chase Ritz-Carlton card that gives you $300 back (though you have to call and ask them for the credit).

In my case, the corporate platinum only reimburses $100.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 29, 2018 5:42 am
cptnkirk77
(@cptnkirk77)
Silver

Might be a stupid question, but the wife and I are traveling from DFW - LHR AA Bus, then LHR - EDI on BA Econ. We would be able to access the AA lounge within LHR during that connection even though the second part of the trip is BA Econ, correct? If so, would we have to change terminals to get to the lounge? I'd love to access BA lounges so we could be in the same terminal as the connecting flight if possible.

"Then some day, some day long hence, jog home here if you will, when the cup has been drained and the play has been played, and sit down by your quiet river with a store of goodly memories for company." -Wind in the Willows

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 30, 2018 5:55 pm
brodyf
(@brodyf)

cptnkirk77, post: 2808845, member: 2064 wrote: Might be a stupid question, but the wife and I are traveling from DFW - LHR AA Bus, then LHR - EDI on BA Econ. We would be able to access the AA lounge within LHR during that connection even though the second part of the trip is BA Econ, correct? If so, would we have to change terminals to get to the lounge? I'd love to access BA lounges so we could be in the same terminal as the connecting flight if possible.

Do you have any status with AA?

You should have access to the Galleries Business lounge in T5 but you won’t be able to get to the AA lounge in T3 on arrival to LHR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EXP Lifetime PLT Lifetime PLT

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 1, 2018 10:29 am
iolaire
(@iolaire)

A few weeks ago I received the targeted upgrade to Platinum on AA. That was nice because I have two AA flights this month, one for vacation and one for work. Otherwise we have not traveled much on AA recently other than flights to ORD on an AA award on JAL to Japan.

We took a quick trip to SFO area, Marin County to visit Muir woods on a $100 round trip DCA/SFO we booked last fall. It was nice being able to select the main cabin extra seats, and to be able to change our flights to a day earlier when there was a weather waver for ORD (our connection) and then to standby on the return home so we got to PHL a tad earlier to enjoy the centurion lounge... Also we were able to upgrade on the late night DFW-SFO segment and the PHL - DCA segment, big seats were nice but only one drink DFW-SFO was not impressive, the pre-departure drink and one in air on PHL-DCA on the 29 minute in flight trip was good. So after that flight I was wondering if I should try to retain the status. I'd have the EQMs but not the EQDs, but only had to get something like $2,500 in EQDs. It made me wonder if I could get those EQDs with the Barclay's card, or a quick partner flight etc...

Then I got home and saw the "award miles" I earned for the great deal $100 DCA-SFO flights! I earned 512 miles, Susan earned 360!

Dang, that took the wind out of my sails. It seems sort of pointless to seek the status when any cheap tickets are basically worthless on the points earning side. With no mileage earning I might as well just pay for better seats or same day flight changes should I have a few more AA flights later this year

I guess I've ignored a lot of the talk about the revenue based program changes, this really hit home on how bad it is for the casual cheap ticket flyer. At this rate there is nothing to motivate me to fly more on AA even with status within reach.

Its also sad how easy it is to earn AA miles on the credit card side versus flying...

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 9, 2018 12:07 pm
Dublin_rfk
(@dublin_rfk)

I took my first flight on AA since before their merger with us(scare). It was amazing one little three hour flight and it was like I was in a time machine. A cluster at boarding time. A full flight. My knees in the seat in front of me. Free water! Fifty five minutes waiting for luggage. And let’s not forget the FA’s bland bored reading of the commercial for their credit card. It’s no wonder I let my account lapse twice!

http://my.flightmemory.com/DublinRFK

"Good judgement comes from experience and experience? It comes from BAD Judgement."
Unique points in 2018: EWR, LAX, SIN, SFO, IAD, IND, ORD, SAT, PHL, RDU, FLL, GRB, CLT, MSN, GRR, SNA, MCI, CLE, SAN, IAH, FRA, CVG, NRT, LAS, ABQ,[SIZE=4"> PDX[/SIZE">

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 17, 2018 7:55 pm
Betty Boop
(@betty-boop)

That ‘selling of their credit card’ is beyond annoying for sure.

B. Boop an AA ExPlt one last time! Did it!

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 18, 2018 11:57 am
mrredskin
(@mrredskin)

trading of AA items isn't allowed, right? Like if I had a SW or DL item and wanted a similar AA item

Think Blue

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 19, 2018 5:43 pm
Page 173 / 173