Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Just got my 2018 SE package in the mail...  

Page 4 / 4
  RSS
The Lev
(@the-lev)
Silver

YULtide, post: 2817136, member: 41786 wrote: According to the AC website,

Within 24 hours, here's what happens

The information for within 24 hours basically offers zero guidance to what actually happens. I presume that is deliberate.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 28, 2018 10:29 pm
YULtide
(@yultide)

The Lev, post: 2817219, member: 10489 wrote: The information for within 24 hours basically offers zero guidance to what actually happens. I presume that is deliberate.

Depends how you read it. The list could be the sequence, so highest status is most important; for people of equal status, booking class would be the deciding factor, with a tie broken by check-in time. But I realize it doesn't actually say that.

Insert signature here

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 2, 2018 11:16 pm
The Lev
(@the-lev)
Silver

YULtide, post: 2817376, member: 41786 wrote: Depends how you read it. The list could be the sequence, so highest status is most important; for people of equal status, booking class would be the deciding factor, with a tie broken by check-in time. But I realize it doesn't actually say that.

Not only does it not say that, but we have been led to believe that PE trumps Y - even LondonCalling has said that O trumps Y/B, so that suggests status is not most important.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 3, 2018 3:51 pm
londoncalling
(@londoncalling)
Silver

The Lev, post: 2817396, member: 10489 wrote: Not only does it not say that, but we have been led to believe that PE trumps Y - even LondonCalling has said that O trumps Y/B, so that suggests status is not most important.

I have been told directly that an O fare trumps any SE at the gate with status below that which includes Y/B fares.

lifetime MM: 3,221,106.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 3, 2018 7:01 pm
YULtide
(@yultide)

londoncalling, post: 2817403, member: 169980 wrote: I have been told directly that an O fare trumps any SE at the gate with status below that which includes Y/B fares.

So I wonder why they don't just say it in so many words on the website? I have no problem with the system as it is, but the vagueness of the description quoted on the site is unhelpful.

Insert signature here

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 3, 2018 10:27 pm
londoncalling
(@londoncalling)
Silver

YULtide, post: 2817414, member: 41786 wrote: So I wonder why they don't just say it in so many words on the website? I have no problem with the system as it is, but the vagueness of the description quoted on the site is unhelpful.

Ask any concierge or knowledgeable GA and you should get the same answer I provided

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 4, 2018 2:20 am
mevlannen
(@mevlannen)

Thanks, Londoncalling. I never cease to appreciate those veteran AC workers who have correct answers at their fingertips.

Nature abhors straight lines, and is not the artifice of a cosmic draftsman.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 5, 2018 12:18 pm
mevlannen
(@mevlannen)

Data point: SE package made it to me this year, via mail, thanks (I suspect) to helpful intervention by one of the concierges who expressed some concern that previous years' packages had mostly gone astray.

(I use a post-office box, as we have no walking delivery of post in our village and surrounding rural settlements).

It took 14 days to arrive. Darling spouse's E50 package arrived on the same day (perhaps helped-along by my having selected that gift of status as one of my SE choices for the remainder of this year).

14 days is actually fairly swift for our rather isolated part of Salishaan. Mail goes first to Mississauga (as does everything leaving central Canada), thence Edmonton, Vancouver, Nanaimo, and then on to a lorry which only comes up the coastal road when it is full of mail. Might be twice a day in December, but more like once a week for most of the year. It gets as far as the Comox Valley and then waits there (in Courtenay postal warehouse) until another lorry is filled with mail for our village. That sometimes takes another week.

If I really want something to move more swiftly, I take it as a pre-stamped envelope with me, and drop it off in an airport postbox closer to its (or my) destination. Crazy scheme, but it cuts down on the waiting time.

Back to the package, though: threaded metal-cable tag-loops, four of them, and four lovely black luggage tags to match. Does that betoken an up-tick to an SE allotment of four bags in the coming year?

Tossed out the rest of the bumpf such as duty-free coupon, stuffed the black phone-number card into my purse, and am now good to go.

By the bye, segments 126 through 128 tomorrow. Nrgh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 31, 2018 11:47 pm
londoncalling
(@londoncalling)
Silver

Congrats and good travel with the new status

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 1, 2018 12:06 am
YULtide
(@yultide)

Congrats on the restoration of status!

My take on the four luggage tags: three checked and one carry on.

Or you have spares for when the luggage handling system inevitably mangles one.

Insert signature here

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 1, 2018 1:10 am
mevlannen
(@mevlannen)

The black card has already paid off -- was booked to fly my usual three-segment commute up North, on a bleak and rainy Thursday morning. Was sitting at the kitchen table when my phone went 'bong!' with a cancellation message concerning my middle segment trans-Rockies.

Decided to go to YQQ anyway and at least get to YVR (because the YQQ>YVR turn tends to fall over in stormy weather). On the 45-minute drive through the dark dank drippy forest, my phone bonged four more times. Didn't look at it until I was curbside at YQQ -- there to see that the YVR concierge had been already hard at work. Upside was that I got to YQU a couple of hours later than planned, but my baggage (mirabile dictu!) found a swifter way there (I have no idea how) and was waiting for me in the Station Agent's office.

Big thanks to concierges, and to the station folks at either end, and also to the purser on the trans-Rockies flight who kept my tumbler of cooking-Scotch well-filled.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 3, 2018 11:51 am
londoncalling
(@londoncalling)
Silver

mevlannen, post: 2818343, member: 3056 wrote: The black card has already paid off -- was booked to fly my usual three-segment commute up North, on a bleak and rainy Thursday morning. Was sitting at the kitchen table when my phone went 'bong!' with a cancellation message concerning my middle segment trans-Rockies.

Decided to go to YQQ anyway and at least get to YVR (because the YQQ>YVR turn tends to fall over in stormy weather). On the 45-minute drive through the dark to give dank drippy forest, my phone bonged four more times. Didn't look at it until I was curbside at YQQ -- there to see that the YVR concierge had been already hard at work. Upside was that I got to YQU a couple of hours later than planned, but my baggage (mirabile dictu!) found a swifter way there (I have no idea how) and was waiting for me in the Station Agent's office.

Big thanks to concierges, and to the station folks at either end, and also to the purser on the trans-Rockies flight who kept my tumbler of cooking-Scotch well-filled.

They need to give you the 25 year old stuff for all the flying you do on those small birds. The concierges do good work normally so that makes your new black card have some value. Now all you need is the 1MM put on it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 5, 2018 1:29 am
YULtide
(@yultide)

londoncalling, post: 2818394, member: 169980 wrote: They need to give you the 25 year old stuff for all the flying you do on those small birds. The concierges do good work normally so that makes your new black card have some value. Now all you need is the 1MM put on it.

With all those short hops, I think mevlannen will make 1MS before 1MM. 😀

Insert signature here

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 5, 2018 11:38 pm
mevlannen liked
mevlannen
(@mevlannen)
Posted by: YULtide

With all those short hops, I think mevlannen will make 1MS before 1MM. 😀

Not quite, yet. Must be between 2000 and 3000 segments by now.

Grinning,

Elane

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 16, 2018 9:55 am
Page 4 / 4