Forum

Share:

Just got my 2018 SE package in the mail...  

Page 1 / 4
  RSS
The Lev
(@the-lev)
Silver

Some observations:
[LIST]
[*]Nice "textured" section on the SE card and luggage tags. Million Mile recognition looks nicer this year.
[*]Disappointed that the luggage tags now just show my name but not address - not terribly useful anymore if flying on another carrier (is that the intent?).
[*]Luggage tag ties have gone back to plastic tag strings but with a ball on one end. This leaves the tag dangling and I suspect it will be easily ripped off checked baggage with a bit of rough handling.
[*]Got four MLL passes with vague messaging about them being usable at eligible MLL's - nothing specifies what constitutes an eligible lounge. I am sure these result in many embarrassing situations where people hand out these things and the international lounge gatekeepers turn away disappointed recipients. Would be nice if they at least gave "all access" passes to SE's
[*]Various little upgrades again this year from our friends at SPG.
[/LIST]

Posted : January 5, 2018 3:32 pm
YULtide
(@yultide)

Still waiting for final AQDs to post, so I can make selections. Really, there's no obvious reason why miles and dollars take so long to post. After all, it's an automated process.

Insert signature here

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 6, 2018 3:54 am
YULtide
(@yultide)

AQDs finally posted, so SE status secured for 2018. Came down to the wire this year!

One hope for the new FF system is that the posting of miles, dollars and threshold eCerts will be sped up. There is no reason why these take so long in a computerized system. Last summer I visited DBV, and the Croatia Airlines segments posted days ahead of Air Canada's. No obvious reason for this delay.

Insert signature here

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 6, 2018 5:33 pm
YULtide
(@yultide)

I see the 2018 programme details are finally available as a PDF, but still nothing suggesting I have any status at all for 2018. Really, why the suspense?

Insert signature here

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 16, 2018 1:39 am
YULtide
(@yultide)

Finally today a button on my dashboard inviting me to choose my select privileges. Looking forward to receiving the package in the mail.

Insert signature here

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 20, 2018 10:41 pm
londoncalling
(@londoncalling)
Silver

YULtide, post: 2808180, member: 41786 wrote: Finally today a button on my dashboard inviting me to choose my select privileges. Looking forward to receiving the package in the mail.

wow. I had mine weeks ago.
I saw something today on the altitude website about them offering WIFI as part of the privileges for SE's.
Beginning in 2018, Air Canada will be proud to become the first airline in North America to offer the option of complimentary Wi-Fi to its most frequent flyers.

ACCESS WI-FI IN THE SKY, ON US
As part of their Select Privileges, Altitude Super Elite 100K members will have the ability to choose a 12-month Gogo® Altitude Plan that will be valid on all Gogo-equipped flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express and Air Canada Rouge. Similarly, Altitude Elite 75K members will be able to choose a 6-month plan.

With the addition of this new Select Privilege for eligible Altitude members, below is the complete list of Select Privileges for Altitude members in 2018:

lifetime MM: 3,221,106.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 22, 2018 11:20 pm
YULtide
(@yultide)

londoncalling, post: 2808365, member: 169980 wrote: wow. I had mine weeks ago.

You had your status in the bag months ago. I just squeaked in on 30 December.

I saw something today on the altitude website about them offering WIFI as part of the privileges for SE's.

Yup, it's one of the select privileges, but you'll have to trade it off against 50 eUpgrade certificates or E50K status for a friend or some such thing, 'cause it's one of 5 things amongst which you have to choose 2. I may live to regret it, but I decided not to take the wifi this year. I don't mind being disconnected while I'm in flight. Nice option for people who need to be connected, though.

Funny thing: I chose 50 eUpgrade certs and they've been deposited in my account. The 20 everyone gets as base privileges haven't appeared yet.

Insert signature here

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 23, 2018 12:09 am
londoncalling
(@londoncalling)
Silver

WIFI this year is probably not a great privilege if your travels are mostly International. Most of that fleet won't be ready until late this year.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 4, 2018 1:14 pm
YULtide
(@yultide)

Still waiting for the package to arrive.

Insert signature here

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 13, 2018 11:23 pm
londoncalling
(@londoncalling)
Silver

YULtide, post: 2809667, member: 41786 wrote: Still waiting for the package to arrive.

Wow is all I can say. However, you are SE and your ecerts are in place so no real issue about that I presume.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 16, 2018 12:31 am
YULtide
(@yultide)

londoncalling, post: 2809780, member: 169980 wrote: Wow is all I can say. However, you are SE and your ecerts are in place so no real issue about that I presume.

Ecerts are in place, and several used, and of course the old card is still valid for the rest of the month. But it's getting close to being a problem if I wanted to claim benefits at a Star Alliance partner in March. (Not that this will be an actual problem for me; I won't be doing that until April.) Fortunately I tend not to fly very much in Q1.

Still, hard to believe the process is taking quite this long. Anyone else still waiting, or should I start thinking it was lost in the mail?

Insert signature here

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 16, 2018 11:25 am
YULtide
(@yultide)

Mrs Y received her P25K package in the mail today.

Still waiting for my package....

Insert signature here

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 22, 2018 1:29 am
The Lev
(@the-lev)
Silver

YULtide, is this you? :p

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1894981-public-status-recognition-complaint.html

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 22, 2018 12:55 pm
YULtide
(@yultide)

The Lev, post: 2810227, member: 10489 wrote: YULtide, is this you? :p

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1894981-public-status-recognition-complaint.html

Bite your tongue!

Insert signature here

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 22, 2018 11:30 pm
YULtide
(@yultide)

Package arrived today. Nice look to the card and the luggage tags!

Insert signature here

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 22, 2018 11:34 pm
Page 1 / 4