Share:
Notifications
Clear all

2019 Altitude Enhancements  

Page 3 / 3
  RSS
Parnel2
(@parnel2)

I probably flew right over you on my way back from PVG and TPE on EVA. Pretty good airline and they give J pax nice pajamas which are super comfy for sleeping in. This was a very last minute trip to PVG and AC wanted over $10K for the privilege of going non stop. EVA was just about half that amount with a stop in TPE. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 19, 2019 1:11 am
mevlannen
(@mevlannen)

I'm always curious how people manage to change into airline pyjamas while airborne. Considering the number of people wanting to use a lavatory as a changing-room, it must be quite a long drawn-out process.

Nature abhors straight lines, and is not the artifice of a cosmic draftsman.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 19, 2019 11:02 pm
Parnel2 liked
YULtide
(@yultide)
Posted by: mevlannen

I'm always curious how people manage to change into airline pyjamas while airborne. Considering the number of people wanting to use a lavatory as a changing-room, it must be quite a long drawn-out process.

Not at all a problem in F. Would love to have the problem in J. It's the one thing lacking on AC J.

Insert signature here

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 20, 2019 12:13 am
Parnel2 liked
YULtide
(@yultide)

I've flown EVA shorthaul a few times and enjoyed it. Looking forward to a longhaul experience .

Insert signature here

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 20, 2019 12:19 am
mevlannen and Parnel2 liked
Parnel2
(@parnel2)

There are three loos for 43 J pax and only about 10 or so changed into the PJ's. there is one loo big enough to move around in as well. it has a changing table for infants and is useful for placing clothes   while one changes. it all works well and about na hour BF landing is when I change back to my regular clothes wit virtually no waiting. On EVA a FA checks the loo after every usage and they are very clean, a lesson AC should learn.   

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 20, 2019 11:51 am
mevlannen liked
Parnel2
(@parnel2)

No F on EVA and their 777 seats are almost the same as AC's with just a slightly different set up for plugs and storage. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 20, 2019 11:53 am
mevlannen liked
YULtide
(@yultide)

I found the changing table equally useful in Thai's 747 F loo. Their A380 F loo has much more space for changing.

I hear very good things about EVA's long haul J.

Insert signature here

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 20, 2019 4:00 pm
mevlannen liked
mevlannen
(@mevlannen)

Having a loo that is large enough to move around in? Well, that's a grand thing indeed, and a far way better than some of the very cramped 'telephone booth' lavs that I've encountered on the DH4.

If my memory serves, AC still had a true F service transocean in the 1980s. I still have a useful blue leather fold-over case from one of my London journeys, wot was meant to hold an amenity kit but turns out to be just the right size to hole portable hard-drives. That was also the journey in which they handed-out the London A to Z map-book on the journey back to Canada. Not terribly useful then, but perhaps intended as an inducement to take another trip across the Pond?

Nature abhors straight lines, and is not the artifice of a cosmic draftsman.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 21, 2019 10:07 am
Parnel2 liked
Parnel2
(@parnel2)

I would suggest its just touch above AC J. They have more FA's on board for one thing. Their 777's are configured the same way as AC but in the lie flat position it feels like the length is slightly longer but I maybe wrong.  Food is mostly Asian dishes and nicely done. They put the "mattress" on the seat for the pax and their blanket is actually a mini duvet. I think the could do a better job of CNX between TPE and the mainland. Their TPE lounge is pretty decent  with more food choices than AC but not a nice as the AC YYZ J lounge.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 23, 2019 5:14 pm
YULtide
(@yultide)

I've flown their short haul J a couple of times between TPE and HKG. I've enjoyed those experiences. The lounge in TPE is pretty nice, though as you say not as nice as the Signature Suite in YYZ.

Insert signature here

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 25, 2019 7:43 pm
The Lev
(@the-lev)
Silver

Note that EVA has four lounges at TPE:

• "Star" for Star Alliance Gold not flying in Business Class
  • "Infinity" for Business Class passengers (EVA or Star gold travelling in business class get entry)
  • "Garden" for their Diamond members 
  • "Club" for their silver members

I was in the Infinity lounge which had a reasonable spread of food and much better wine on offer than what we'd see at the AC International lounge but not up to par with the Signature Lounge.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 6, 2019 11:09 am
YULtide
(@yultide)

I've been in the Infinity lounge a couple of times. Funky lights near the buffet, but comfortable. I'd agree with your assessment.

Insert signature here

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 8, 2019 6:46 pm
Page 3 / 3