Forum

2019 Altitude Enhancements  

RSS
YULtide
(@yultide)

Not much change in the cards for 2019, by the look of it. There only appear to be two changes.
[LIST]
[*]Early recognition of status is being extended to P25K.
[*]Lower requalification will be extended to all Elite levels from E50K up.
[/list]
By the look of things, either AC feels the programme is pretty much exactly where it should be, or they've been distracted by the Aeroplan negotiations and preparing for 2020.

Insert signature here

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 9, 2018 11:57 am Parnel2 liked
The Lev
(@the-lev)
Helpful Contributor Silver

...or there is still another shoe to drop (though I doubt it).

By the sound of it one nice thing about the lower requalification is that it no longer will just apply to your current level - currently if you were E75K this would lower your mileage needs to 70,000 to re-qualify for E75K but you'd still need 50,000 for E50K and 100,000 for SE. Now it looks like the reduction will apply to whatever status level you land at.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 9, 2018 4:55 pm
YULtide
(@yultide)

Yes, the new lower requalification system applying to all levels does sound nice. However, the AQD required makes me wonder how useful that is in practice. This would be nice for an E50K who manages to squeeze out 70k AQM and $9000 AQD, or an E75K who cuts back on travel, but still manages 45k miles and at least comes away with E50K status for the next year. But spending $20,000 on 95k miles to get SE seems a stretch to me. It's doable with enough paid premium cabin flights, but I don't imagine too many manage it.

Maybe I'm wrong. Or just too cheap.

Insert signature here

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 9, 2018 7:26 pm
mevlannen
(@mevlannen)
The grandmother of time

The 95 (now 126 and counting) segments were easy; the $20K net spend (AQDs not even close to the full ticket prices) was not.

However, the YEG concierge was downright bouncy when she reported to me that she had looked-up my passenger record (of that particular day a few weeks ago) and discerned that I had clicked the figurative odometer over into SE-land.

(By the bye, this thing seems to be working again....)

Nature abhors straight lines, and is not the artifice of a cosmic draftsman.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 10, 2018 1:06 am
londoncalling
(@londoncalling)
Helpful Contributor Silver

I assume there are no changes to the ECert/UG part of the program.

lifetime MM: 3,221,106.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 10, 2018 2:21 am
mevlannen
(@mevlannen)
The grandmother of time

None observed thus far.

I haven't had cause to attempt e-upgrades lately (being as how once again the cost of J-fares has dropped to something approaching sanity), but I plan to burn a whack of e-ups next month when I make a holiday trip to BOS.

Still waiting anxiously to see what the 2019 programme info page will look like. 2016, 2017, and 2018 pages are still up on the Altitude site, but my attempts to directly summon-up a 2019 page (at a similar URL to the others) gets a 'File not found' error.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 10, 2018 9:59 am
mevlannen
(@mevlannen)
The grandmother of time

back again -- that was a long outage!

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 2, 2018 9:09 pm Parnel2 liked
mevlannen
(@mevlannen)
The grandmother of time

Hello and good morning to Parnel2.

Elane here, typing at the well-worn keyboard atop the breakfast-table here in the northern mines, under a dark and chilly sky.

Am still waiting to see who shows up here in the Air Canada corner. Also aware that I need to update my profile, since it still says '50K'. Year before last was 100K, last year was 75K, and this year again 100K (at the lofty summit of 133 AQS!).

I have enjoyed it more over here at Milepoint|Insideflyer|newthing much more than over at t'other nameless place, because the conversations seem more leisurely here, and less given to shoutdowns.

Plus! The user interface seems to retain functionality even without all the Google widgets. I turn those things off by default, which makes for a more-sprightly Net experience.

Be well,

Elane from seat 1D

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 16, 2018 9:52 am