The promotion of the #WhySettleSpirit Awards offers statues of no limitations from Hyatt House and Hyatt Place — the custom miniature statues are printed in the third dimension portraying the likenesses of the winners — as well as a free stay of two nights at a Hyatt Place or Hyatt House hotel property.
“Through October 25, 2016, the Hyatt Place and Hyatt House brands are encouraging colleagues, family and friends in the United States to nominate the person they think embodies a ‘why settle’ spirit”, according to this article. “#WhySettle Spirit Award recipients will have a chance to win a personalized, modern-day take on the classic statue — created in their likeness using cutting-edge 3D technology — as well as a free two-night stay at a Hyatt Place or Hyatt House hotel within the continental United States.”
How to Submit Your #WhySettle Spirit Award Nomination
This promotion is open only to individuals who:
- Are legal residents of any one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia
- Are at least 21 years of age
- Have Internet access
- Are registered users of Facebook in good standing as of the first date of participation in this Facebook and through the date of prize award
The submission process is basically two steps:
- Visit the Hyatt Place or Hyatt House Facebook Internet web sites
- Share the name of your nominee — along with the required hashtags #WhySettle and #Entry with an explanation of no more than 300 words of why your nominee embodies the passion and commitment of the “why settle” spirit — on the Hyatt Place or Hyatt House Facebook Internet web sites by Tuesday, October 25, 2016
Your entry post — as well as all elements associated and included with your entry post other than the Required Hashtag — must meet all of the following requirements; or you and the associated entry may be disqualified, as determined by the sponsor in its sole discretion that the entry post must not:
- Create or imply any improper association between the sponsor and any individual, entity, or anyone else or his, her, or its products or services
- Infringe, misappropriate, or violate any rights of any third party including, without limitation, copyright — including moral rights, trademark, trade secret, or right of privacy or publicity
- Include information or content that is false, fraudulent, deceptive, misleading, defamatory, threatening, trade libelous, slanderous, libelous, disparaging, unlawfully harassing, profane, obscene, pornographic, hateful, indecent, inappropriate or injurious to any individual, any promotion entity, or any third party
- Contain or describe any harmful or illegal activity or content or in any way violate any federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation applicable to entrant or to this promotion, as it must be suitable for presentation in a public forum
- Suggest, depict, or describe any inappropriate or unlawful behavior or use of the products or services of the sponsor or any other entity
One prize winner — subject to verification — will receive a prize worth an approximate retail value of $450.00 which consists solely of:
- One custom three-dimensional printed statue worth an approximate retail value of $200.00
- A stay of two nights in a standard dual occupancy room at a Hyatt Place or Hyatt House within the 48 continental United States — which must be used by Sunday, December 31, 2017 — worth an approximate retail value of $250.00
Select Official Rules
All fees, costs, taxes, meals, travel, and any other expenses not specified herein are the sole and exclusive responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to use the prize does not relieve the winner of his or her tax obligations associated with winning the prize, if any. Except as expressly stated herein, no transportation is awarded as part of the prize and each winner is solely responsible for all transportation that may be required for use of the prize.
Other official rules, terms and conditions apply, which include but are not limited to those dealing with the topics of:
- Privacy and personal information
- Release and limitations of liability
- Selection and verification of winners
- Winner notification procedure
- Disqualification of participants
- Tax liability
- Technical issues
- Legal waivers and statements
- Unclaimed prizes
- How to find out the name of the grand prize winner
- What can potentally happen in the event of a dispute
- Burden of proof of submission of entry
- Typographical errors
- Other disclaimers and conditions of participation
Be sure that you read all of them carefully and agree with them before participating in the sweepstakes.
The #WhySettleSpirit Awards is a rather unique promotion in the world of frequent travel in terms of offering a custom statue printed on a three-dimensional printer to honor the tenacity of the business traveler — but if you plan on nominating someone, be sure to do so by Tuesday, October 25, 2016, as the conclusion of this promotion is a statute of limitations for the statues of no limitations.
Source: Hyatt Place and Hyatt House.