You can earn 20 percent more Etihad Guest miles when converting from partner currencies through Monday, October 31, 2016; and all you need to do is select from your choice of 16 points conversion partners consisting of:
- Accor Hotels — Two Le Club AccorHotels points = one mile
- ADCB — 30,000 TouchPoints = 2,000 miles
- Radisson Blu — Ten Gold Points = one mile
- Citibank — Starting at one point = one mile
- Emirates Islamic Bank — 14,000 EIB Choice points = 1,500 miles
- Heathrow Rewards — One Heathrow Reward Point = one mile
- Hilton HHonors — Ten Hilton HHonors points = one mile
- American Express — Starting at one point = one mile; but this offer is only available in the United States and KSA
- Hyatt Hotels — 2.5 Gold Passport Points = one mile
- InterContinental Hotels Group — Five IHG Rewards Club points = one mile
- Joyalukkas — Eight Golden Rewards Points = one mile
- Marriott Rewards — 10,000 Rewards points = 1,500 miles
- NBAD — 100 points = 16 miles
- Shangri-La — One Golden Circle Award Points = one mile
- Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide — One Starwood Preferred Guest Starpoint = one mile
- Boubyan Bank — 34 Boubyan Select points = 5,000 miles
The promotion is applicable for any member who converts his or her points from a qualifying partner loyalty program to Etihad Guest Miles. The eligibility of the bonus miles for a specific member will be done based on the validity of the promotion and the date of conversion provided by the partner for that respective member. You must have a valid Etihad Guest frequent flier loyalty program membership number — which is required — to successfully perform the conversion. You will be responsible for quoting the correct Etihad Guest membership number to the participating conversion partners for the conversion activity.
This offer cannot be combined with any other conversion offer.
Bonus Etihad Guest Miles earned during this promotion will be added to your Etihad Guest membership account within 15 days of the end date of the promotion.
Select Terms and Conditions
Once the miles transfer request is initiated, it cannot be reversed.
If you hold credit cards or hotel frequent guest loyalty program cards of different banks and hotels and convert the rewards points to Etihad Guest Miles under this promotion, then the number of bonus Etihad Guest miles you will earn will reflect separately in your account for each partner.
Bonus Etihad Guest miles will not be calculated on retroactive basis under any circumstances — for example, credit card or hotel reward points converted to Etihad Guest miles and posted into the membership account during the promotion period — but if the conversion request was placed outside the promotion period, it will not qualify for the bonus miles promotion.
Non participation points conversion partners which are excluded from this promotion include:
- American Express Membership Rewards in all regions except in the United States and KSA
- Etisalat Rewards
- Flybuys Rewards
Other terms and conditions apply.
Starpoints More Valuable Than Marriott Rewards Points
If you have both a Marriott Rewards account and a Starwood Preferred Guest account and are interested in acquiring Etihad Guest miles with a bonus of 20 percent, there is a small opportunity of sorts: 10,000 Marriott Rewards points will convert to 1,500 miles; while one Starpoint will convert to one mile. If you link your Marriott Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest accounts, you will get one Starpoint for every three Marriott Rewards points — meaning that 9,000 converted Marriott Rewards points will get you 3,000 miles as opposed to 10,000 of them getting you only 1,500 miles…
…and that does not even include the 5,000 bonus Starpoints for every 20,000 you transfer at a time to a frequent flier loyalty program.
Of course, the assumption that Etihad Guest miles are more valuable than Starpoints is arguable based on your preferences and requirements — but if you really need Etihad Guest miles and you value them over the loyalty program points of the 16 aforementioned partners, then now is the time to consider converting those points so that you may take advantage of the bonus of 20 percent being offered in this promotion.
Photograph ©2015 by Brian Cohen.