Enter for your chance to win 250,000 AAdvantage miles when you share a travel tip in the American Airlines Flying Kind sweepstakes through Tuesday, October 11, 2016 at 11:59:59 in the evening Central Daylight Time — and for submitting your travel tip, American Airlines will also donate 250 AAdvantage miles to your choice of one of seven featured charity partners:
- American Red Cross
- Fisher House Foundation
- Make A Wish Foundation
- Snowball Express
- Stand Up To Cancer
- Susan G. Komen
- UNICEF — also known as the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund
If you are a winner, American Airlines will match the 250,000 AAdvantage miles with a donation to your selected charity.
American Airlines will donate up to a maximum of 125,000,000 AAdvantage miles — with a minimum guaranteed donation of 250,000 AAdvantage miles — to each of the seven participating charity partners listed as participating in this promotion
How to Enter the Flying Kind Sweepstakes
These are the steps you should follow during the promotion period in order to participate in the sweepstakes for your chance to win the one prize available — which only one person will win — consisting of 250,000 AAdvantage miles with an approximate retail value of $4,975.00:
- Visit the official Internet web site of the sweepstakes here
- Click on the Share Your Tip button and interact with a forum; and
- Choose from one of the following three options:
- Post a travel tip to one of the forums
- Comment on one existing posted content in one of the forums, or
- “Like” five existing forum posts or comments in one of the forums
Text included as part of the content must be written in the English language and must not exceed 350 characters. Any content you submit must be your original work; and any elements appearing in the content — including, without limitation, photographs, art or any other materials — must be your own original work, created by you; or exist in the public domain. You must possess all rights to the content which you provide for this promotion.
After that, you will then be prompted to complete all required fields on the entry form and submit as requested to receive one entry into Sweepstakes.
Once you complete these steps, American Airlines will donate 250 AAdvantage miles to your choice of one of seven featured charity partners — but only if you elect to participate in the forum as specified above. Only entry forms which are fully completed are eligible.
There is a limit of one entry per person during the entire promotion period. You must be a member of the American Airlines AAdvantage frequent flier loyalty program who is a legal resident of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and is a minimum of 18 years of age — except in Alabama and Nebraska, where 19 years old is the required minimum age. No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win; and a purchase will not increase your chances of becoming a winner. No actual booking or reservation of a flight is required for entry into this sweepstakes.
Other Select Official Rules
Prizes are not transferable. No cash redemption or prize substitution is allowed by the winner. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
American Airlines AAdvantage miles awarded in this sweepstakes will not count toward elite level status qualification, AAdvantage Million Miler status, or any other promotional benefit which American Airlines may offer in the American Airlines AAdvantage frequent flier loyalty program.
Other rules, terms and conditions apply — including but not limited to those dealing with privacy and personal information, release and limitations of liability, selection and verification of winners, winner notification procedure, disqualification of participants, publicity, tax liability, unclaimed prizes, how to find out the name of the grand prize winner, what can potentally happen in the event of a dispute, and other conditions of participation. Be sure you read them carefully and agree with them before participating in the sweepstakes.
For this specific promotion, also be attentive when reading the sections pertaining to the guidelines and use of the content you provide by both yourself and American Airlines, as there are many restrictions. For example, no personally identifiable information — including but not limited to the name, image and likeness — of any person other than yourself is to be included or referred to in the content.
Also, be mindful of the expenses, taxes and fees for which you would be responsible if you used the 250,000 AAdvantage miles for flights — including but not limited to:
- Full cost of transportation to and from your departure and arrival cities
- Applicable fees — including but not limited to:
- September 11 Security Fee of $5.60 per one-way trip, per passenger
- Applicable departure taxes
- Federal inspection fees
- Passenger facility charges of up to $18.00, depending on itinerary
- United States government excise tax
- Any other taxes and fees imposed by a government entity — United States or foreign — of up to $240.00 based on destination; the total may vary slightly based upon currency exchange rate at time of purchase, as well as any fees or surcharges — including fuel surcharges — imposed by the carrier
- Service charges
- An expedite charge of $75.00 will apply if ticketing is fewer than 21 days prior to departure; but this charge is waived for you if you have earned AAdvantage Executive Platinum elite level status; AAdvantage Platinum elite level status; and AAdvantage Gold elite level status when using AAdvantage miles from your account
- A ticketing service charge of up to $40.00 will apply when ticketing via reservations, American Airlines travel center or an airport ticket office — which is waived for the following:
- Involuntary changes
- Reissued tickets
- AAdvantage award tickets issued within 21 days of travel and an expedite charge has been collected
- AAirpass tickets
- Tickets issued by the government or by a branch of the military
- Prepaid tickets
- Surcharges or passenger facility charges and all insurance costs
- Federal, state, local and foreign taxes, if any
- Any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the prize
Even if you do not win this sweepstakes — as only one winner will be selected — your sole contribution of content will help a charity partner of American Airlines. That alone is worth your few minutes of time to participate.
Photograph ©2014 by Brian Cohen.