If you Wanna Get Away, you could be one of 25 winners of a round trip flight to any Southwest Airlines destination to where you can travel with a companion — and the destinations include Mexico, Latin America and the Caribbean — when you register for this sweepstakes and enter once per day during the promotion period through Monday, October 24, 2016 at 11:59 in the evening Eastern Daylight Time.
Wanna Get Away? Round Trip Flight for 25 Winners of Southwest Airlines Sweepstakes
The approximate retail value of the grand prize for each of the 25 winners is $800.00, which includes round trip air travel for each winner and one guest on Southwest Airlines in the form of four Southwest Airlines flight e-passes — each of which is valid for one-way travel on scheduled service published and operated by Southwest Airlines. There is a maximum limit of one prize per person.
There is no purchase necessary; and a purchase or payment of any kind will not increase your chances of winning a grand prize in this sweepstakes. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same e-mail address.
To be eligible to enter this sweepstakes, you must:
- Be a legal resident of the United States — excluding Alaska, Florida, Hawaii and New York — and the District of Columbia
- Be a minimum of 19 years of age
- Have a valid e-mail address at the time of entry into the sweepstakes
- Register for this promotion; and follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form — including a valid e-mail address — in order to automatically receive one entry into the sweepstakes
Select Official Rules
Potential winners of the sweepstakes will be selected on or around Wednesday, October 26, 2016. The potential winners will be notified by e-mail message, postal mail or telephone. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three alternate drawings will be held, after which the applicable prize will remain unawarded. Prizes will be delivered approximately ten weeks after the conclusion of the sweepstakes.
Each Southwest Airlines flight e-pass:
- Will bear the date of issue and the date of expiration — expiration dates will not be extended; and travel must be completed on or before the expiration date
- Is not valid on interline or codeshare service
- Is not refundable
- Is not redeemable for cash or credit
- Will not be replaced for any reason, including, without limitation, if lost, stolen, or fraudulently used
- Cannot be transferred
- Cannot be sold to a third party, as sale, auction, or re-tendering of the Southwest flight e-pass for money or otherwise is strictly prohibited
- Cannot be substituted except as provided herein at the sole discretion of the sponsor
- May not be used for promotional purposes unless previously approved by Southwest Airlines
Any suspected fraud, misrepresentation, misuse, abuse or violation of the Southwest Airlines flight e-pass rules and regulations may result in cancellation of the Southwest Airlines flight e-passes. Southwest Airlines flight e-pass holders are required to be 19 years of age or older and a legal resident of the United States. However, the recipient of a Southwest Airlines flight e-pass may arrange travel for another person if done without selling or bartering a Southwest Airlines flight e-pass. Travel is based on seat availability. Seats on any desired flight are not guaranteed.
The winner and guest:
- Are responsible for booking all travel
- Are responsible for transportation to and from the nearest airport served by Southwest Airlines if they do not live in a city served by Southwest Airlines
- Must travel on the same itinerary
- Must pay all government-imposed per passenger travel taxes and fees of up to $150.00 per person prior to travel should the itinerary include international travel
- Are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents
- Must have valid government-issued photographic identification at the time of travel
If the travel guest is a minor, the winner must be his or her parent or guardian; or be accompanied on the trip by his or her parent or guardian.
- Privacy and personal information
- Release and limitations of liability
- Selection and verification of winners
- Winner notification procedure
- Disqualification of participants
- Tax liability
- Technical issues
- Legal waivers and statements
- Unclaimed prizes
- How to find out the name of the grand prize winner
- What can potentally happen in the event of a dispute
- Burden of proof of submission of entry
- Typographical errors
- Other disclaimers and conditions of participation
Be sure that you read all of them carefully and agree with them before participating in the sweepstakes.
Unless you are do not mind taking a moment each day for up to the next 39 days — to increase your chances of winning — to enter the Wanna Get Away sweepstakes for a prize worth $800.00, you might not believe that this sweepstakes is worth your time and effort; but you can also just enter only one time and still at least have a chance to win.
Source: Southwest Airlines.