Starting right now, United Airlines is literally giving away 140,100 prizes worth a total of one billion MileagePlus frequent flier loyalty program miles in what is called The Billion Mile Giveaway where every time you use your eligible United MileagePlus Chase credit card for all eligible purchases through Friday, September 30, 2016 at 11:59:59 in the evening Eastern Daylight Time, you will receive an automatic entry for a chance to win.
If you are not a holder of a United MileagePlus Chase credit card, you can instead log in here and follow the instructions to be entered into The Billion Mile Giveaway as often as you wish during the promotion period — but each entry must be manually keystroked by you.
You must be a legal resident of the 50 United States; the District of Columbia; Guam; and United States based military installations who is 18 years of age or older — and you must also be a member of the United Airlines MileagePlus frequent flier loyalty program at the time of entry.
United Airlines Billion Mile Giveaway
Here is the breakdown of prizes — whose total approximate retail value is $20,750,000.00 — to be awarded over the next two months:
- Grand Prize One million MileagePlus frequent flier loyalty program miles will be awarded to 100 winners — as well as a check worth $7,500.00 which may be used toward the payment of any or all applicable taxes associated with the grand prize, whose total approximate retail value is $27,500.00 for each prize
- First Prize 25,000 MileagePlus frequent flier loyalty program miles — whose approximate retail value is $500.00 for each prize — will be awarded to 10,000 winners
- Second Prize 5,000 MileagePlus frequent flier loyalty program miles — whose approximate retail value is $100.00 for each prize — will be awarded to 130,000 winners
There is a limit of one prize per person.
Select Official Rules
The following circumstances are excluded from entry into The Billion Mile Giveaway:
- Transactions at automated teller machines
- Account adjustment transactions or returns
- Cash advances
- Balance transfers
- Purchases paid in any other currency other than United States dollars
- Transactions processed by Interlink
- Purchases authorized by entering a personal identification number
- Payment of late fees or over-limit fees
- United MileagePlus Chase credit cards or card numbers which are stolen, fraudulent, tampered with, or otherwise altered
A random drawing from among all eligible automatic and non-purchase entries received and combined will be conducted on or about Saturday, October 15, 2016. Prizes will be awarded within ten weeks of confirmation of the winners of The Billion Mile Giveaway. Winners cannot assign or transfer prizes to another person.
Bonus award MileagePlus miles, award MileagePlus miles and any other MileagePlus miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier elite level status unless expressly stated otherwise.
Other rules, terms and conditions of entry apply — including but not limited to those involving publicity releases, tax responsibilities, limitations of liability and release, dispute resolution policies, and notification and verification of the winners. Please carefully read the official rules prior to entering the sweepstakes just in case you may not agree with one or more of them.
“I wouldn’t rush out and get a United card now, though, unless you can find a link for 50,000 miles”, according to this article written by Mike Friedman last week. “The current sign-up bonus is 30,000 and the extra chances of winning simply aren’t worth the incremental 20,000 miles.”
With 140,100 prizes in total, you might have a decent chance of becoming a winner — but do not forget that unlimited multiple entries are permitted throughout the duration of The Billion Mile Giveaway.
No purchase or obligation is necessary in order for you to enter The Billion Mile Giveaway and have a chance to win or claim a prize; and a purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Both non-purchase entries and purchase entries have an equal chance of winning.
In the meantime, members of InsideFlyer are discussing this specific topic here if you want to join in on the conversation.
Good luck to you; and may you become one of the winners of The Billion Mile Giveaway.
Source: United Airlines.