“SPG Triple Up has ended, but your next opportunity to earn bonus Starpoints is right around the corner”, according to this discussion launched by InsideFlyer member and official company representative SPG Champion — also known as William R. Sanders, who is the social media specialist of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide.
More For You Now and Later With Starwood Preferred Guest
Members of the Starwood Preferred Guest frequent guest loyalty program will be able to participate in a a new promotion called More For You. Registration for this promotion begins on Monday, September 12, 2016; and once you are registered and stay a minimum of two nights at a hotel or resort property between Monday, September 12, 2016 and Sunday, December 18, 2016, you will earn:
- Double Starpoints on stays during weekdays
- Triple Starpoints on stays which include a Friday or Saturday — or, at hotel and resort properties in the Middle East, a Thursday or Friday
More details about this promotion will be revealed within the next three weeks.
Your Chance to Win Starpoints
In the meantime, you can play the SPG Open More game from now through Monday, September 12, 2016 at 11:00 in the morning Eastern Daylight Time for your chance to instantly win one of the following prizes:
- 210 winners will be selected to receive one Free Award Night at a Category 1-5 hotel or resort property — whose approximate retail value is $171.00 — which must be used by Saturday, December 31, 2016
- 210 winners will be selected to receive 10,000 Starpoints, whose approximate retail value is $250.00
- 420 winners will be selected to receive 5,000 Starpoints, whose approximate retail value is $125.00
- 630 winners will be selected to receive 1,000 Starpoints, whose approximate retail value is $25.00
You can only win a maximum of one instant win prize per person for the duration of the contest.
Additionally, you will be entered for a chance to win the grand prize of five Free Night Awards — good at Category 1-5 hotel or resort properties — and 50,000 Starpoints, with an approximate retail value of $2,230.00. Each play automatically earns one entry into the Grand Prize random drawing, with a limit of one entry per day per participant.
To participate in this contest, all you need to do is:
- Log in with your Starwood Preferred Guest membership number and follow the instructions
- You will be presented a carousel of eleven Starwood hotel-brand key cards
- You will select one card of your choice
- The game will indicate if the card is an instant win
- The game play concludes after one play
No purchase is required to enter or win the contest.
Select Official Rules
Legal residents of the following 34 countries and territories who are eighteen years of age or older; have reached the age of majority in their respective jurisdictions at the time of entry; and are members of the Starwood Preferred Guest frequent guest loyalty program may participate in the contest:
- United States — including the District of Columbia
- Canada — excluding Quebec
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
Employees of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Incorporated may participate in the game based on the limitations and deadlines set herein; but they are not eligible to win the Grand Prize.
Starpoints and Free Night Awards will be available in your account within three weeks from the date that the game ends if you are one of the winners.
Other rules, terms and conditions apply — including but not limited to those dealing with privacy and personal information, release and limitations of liability, selection and verification of winners, winner notification procedure, disqualification of participants, publicity, tax liability, unclaimed prizes, how to find out the name of the grand prize winner, what can potentally happen in the event of a dispute, and other conditions of participation. Be sure you read them carefully and agree with them before participating in the sweepstakes.
At the time this article was written, the Internet web site for this contest had been experiencing extensive technical difficulties…
…and if you were able to get past that screen and are fortunate enough to reach the “grey peppermint stick” but it keeps animating, you are probably still out of luck…
…but hopefully everything will have been resolved by the time you read this article — and if you intend to participate in the contest, good luck to you.
Source: Starwood Preferred Guest.