If you are able to position yourself to rent a car from Florida and drive it out, now is the time to do so: how about a rental rate of as low as $7.95 per day for rental cars leaving Florida one way to much of the eastern United States — such as Atlanta or Boston, for example?
For example, you can rent a car from Avis for four days from Tampa to New York for only $78.30 total — including all taxes and fees, as shown in the screen shot at right — and the car class can be economy, compact, midsize, standard, full size and even a passenger van, if you plan on hauling more people or cargo than any of the aforementioned car classes can handle.
Other car rental companies — such as Budget, Enterprise and Payless — are also offering similar rates; and they may have similar terms and conditions as Avis. Rentals from Alamo are approximately one dollar more per day.
This offer is good from many locations in Florida; but not all locations — Gainesville, Jacksonville and Pensacola are cities which are currently not participating in this offer.
Details of this Offer Per Day
|Economy — group A||$7.95|
|Compact — group B||$7.95|
|Midsize — group C||$7.95|
|Standard — group D||$7.95|
|Full Size — group E||$7.95|
|Intermediate SUV — group F||$17.95|
|Minivan — group V||$24.95|
|Passenger Van — group P||$7.95|
|Standard SUV — group W||$19.95|
|Standard Elite SUV — group S||$19.95|
|Convertible — group K||$14.95|
Terms and Conditions
- This offer is valid for checkout through Thursday, June 30, 2016 for one-way rentals only; the vehicle must be picked up at a participating Florida location and returned to a different participating Northeast or Piedmont location.
- Rates require a rental period of a minimum of one day to a maximum of 14 consecutive days.
- This offer is valid only on the aforementioned car groups.
- Offers may not be available during holiday and other blackout periods; and rate surcharges during peak periods may apply.
- This offer is subject to vehicle availability at the time of reservation and may not be available on some rates at some times.
- Renter must meet Avis age, driver and credit requirements. Minimum age may vary by location. An additional daily surcharge may apply for renters under 25 years old.
- Rates are non-discountable; they may not be combined with any other AWD number, coupon, promotion or offer.
- Taxes, concession recovery fees, vehicle license recovery fee, customer facility charges may apply and are extra. Optional products such as LDW — $29.99 per day or less — and refueling are extra.
- Rates are based on United States currency.
One inexpensive way in which you may want to position yourself to a city in Florida is to use Megabus — although it is highly unlikely that you will be able to obtain a base fare of only one dollar; but you may still be able to procure a reasonable bus fare. This does not always work, as you have to account for expenses such as fuel for the rental car, food, and basic opportunity costs; but the discount can work in your favor if planned correctly.
Rental car rates as low as $7.95 per day out of Florida to drive one way out of state is as inexpensive as it gets; so if you are able to take advantage of this offer, plan to do so as soon as possible.
Photograph ©2007 by Brian Cohen.