Members of the Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program can now receive an exclusive discount on room rates through “Stop Clicking Around” — the largest marketing campaign ever launched by Hilton Worldwide in its history of 97 years — by booking directly through the official Internet web sites of its brands; the mobile application software program of Hilton HHonors; its reservation call centers; or through preferred corporate travel partners and approved travel agents.
Here is the official video for Stop Clicking Around:
This guaranteed discount is available at greater than 4,500 hotel and resort properties around the world— but it is not available at hotel and resort properties in mainland China, Macau, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
This special discounted rate was originally available starting back in October of 2015 for select hotel and resort properties in New York, Miami, Houston and San Diego — depending on the time of the booking and the dates of stay — in what apparently was a pilot version of this marketing campaign.
The exclusive discount is being offered to reward members of the Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program who book reservations direct with an exclusive discounted rate, instant benefits, and more personalized service. “Last year, 57 billion Hilton HHonors Points — or more than 1.6 million free nights — went unearned because guests booked their stay through a third party,” said Mark Weinstein, who is the global head of customer engagement, loyalty and partnerships at Hilton Worldwide. “There is a huge misconception that third parties always offer lower prices for our hotel rooms, which is simply not true.”
Geraldine Calpin — who is the chief marketing officer at Hilton Worldwide — said that “Our customers don’t need to worry about sorting through a dizzying array of websites, enduring hundreds of clicks and wasting hours of time. They can be assured that booking a room directly with us at any of our hotels doesn’t require extensive searching and price checking to find the best prices online.”
All members of the Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program who book directly through Hilton can save time and money — as well as gain instant access to the benefits they care about most:
- Exclusive discount: Members of the Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program can now take advantage of an exclusive discount which cannot be found anywhere else, as long as they book directly through Hilton, at more than 4,500 hotel and resort properties around the world
- Instant benefits: All members get to enjoy such benefits as free Wi-Fi access; popular digital tools like digital check-in with room selection and Digital Key; and the ability to earn and redeem Hilton HHonors points for free nights
- Unforgettable, exclusive experiences: Booking direct opens the door to exclusive events, like Live Nation concerts or private dining experiences
- Loyalty rewarded with more personalized service: Members of the Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program who book direct can better share their preferences with the hotel for a stay tailored to their requests
2016 Hilton Concert Series Starts in Celebration
Speaking of Live Nation, in celebration of its new Stop Clicking Around campaign where members of the Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program get a special exclusive discounted room rate which can be changed or refunded without penalty, the 2016 Hilton concert series — which is produced by Live Nation — officially kicked off its second year with a surprise Jason Derulo concert at Hilton San Diego Bayfront this past weekend.
If you are a member of the Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program, you can discover for yourself some of the most buzz-worthy artists in the music industry by bidding your points on the following concert experiences in 2016 through the Hilton HHonors auction Internet web site:
- GRAMMY-nominated Elle King at Diplomat Resort & Spa, Curio Collection by Hilton in Hollywood, Florida on April 8
- Singer/songwriter Halsey at Hilton Tokyo Odaiba in Tokyo, Japan on May 4
- Indie pop duo JR JR at Hilton Toronto in Toronto, Canada on June 25
- Producer and singer/songwriter Grimes at Hilton Berlin
- Producer and singer/songwriter Kip Moore at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nashville Downtown in Nashville, Tennessee on August 31
- GRAMMY award winner Gary Clark Jr at Hilton Austin in Austin, Texas on October 28
In addition, Live Nation will curate once-in-a-lifetime artist connections — such as a private dinner with the band Wolfmother; an exclusive album listening session with Goo Goo Dolls; and meet and greets with various artists all around the world, including Vance Joy, Tom Jones and Monsters and Men.
Discount Rate to Stop Clicking Around? Not Exactly…
Initially, an automatic discount for members of the Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program would be welcomed with open arms — but there are some caveats about which you should know.
The discount varies, as you get a discount on the best available or easy cancellation rate — which is a specific rate type that varies depending on time of purchase; is unrestricted; non-qualified; and excludes discount rates — of:
- Two percent for reservations booked within 14 days of arrival, for stays seven days per week
- Three percent for reservations booked 15 days or greater prior to arrival, for stays Sunday through Thursday — or Saturday through Wednesday at hotel and resort properties in the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman, Yemen, Egypt and Jordan
- Ten percent for reservations booked 15 days or greater prior to arrival, for stays Friday through Saturday — or Thursday through Friday at hotel and resort properties in the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman, Yemen, Egypt and Jordan
Also, when comparing the discount rate with an upcoming reservation which had already been booked at a room rate of $95.20 per night plus tax or $109.48 including tax; whereas the discount was $125.00 or $143.87 including tax.
The difference in this case is that the Stop Clicking Around room rate for the same night at the same hotel is $34.39 more expensive per night including tax than the original rate which was booked. The discount rate is coincidentally the same room rate in this example as for those customers who are members of the American Automobile Association.
Terms and Conditions
The Stop Clicking Around discount rate is subject to availability at participating hotel and resort properties within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio. Early departure fees, deposit and cancellation restrictions may apply and vary by hotel or resort property. Unless otherwise stated, quoted rates are per room per night; based on single or double occupancy; and do not include taxes, gratuities, incidental charges and resort fees — if applicable.
This rate may not be combined with other select promotions, offers or discounts; and it is not valid for existing reservations or groups. The Stop Clicking Around discount rate is not transferrable or redeemable for cash; and it cannot be used during future stays.
This marketing campaign has been referred as “industry game-changing news from Hilton” by a representative of Hilton Worldwide; but Starwood Preferred Guest has been offering exclusive rates for its members since November of 2015 — albeit more restricted in that the rates must be purchased in advance with no refunds permitted. Although that offer from Starwood Preferred Guest is currently good through Saturday, December 31, 2016, do not be surprised if it is extended — if only to compete with this similar promotion from Hilton HHonors.
The Stop Clicking Around marketing campaign may very well be a way for Hilton Worldwide to gain as much control over the buying experience of its customers in order to be able to sell additional options — such as upgrades, for example — during the process of booking a reservation. Simultaneously, Hilton Worldwide does not have to pay a commission to Internet travel agencies such as Orbitz and Expedia when a customer books a reservation directly through an authorized official channel of Hilton. Hilton Worldwide has every right to do so as a business while presenting what could potentially be a win-win situation for the company and its customers…
…but as much as Hilton Worldwide should be lauded for introducing a special discount for members of its Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program, do not automatically assume that you will get the lowest price if you use this discount room rate. There may be times where the Stop Clicking Around exclusive rate is indeed the lowest room rate; but you will only know by continuing to check around to find the best room rate whose terms and conditions are right for you — whether it is a corporate rate, a special rate through an association or other affiliated entity; or as the result of a sale.
The good news is that the exclusive discounted Stop Clicking Around room rate can be changed or refunded with no penalty.
Source: Hilton Worldwide.