If you already have elite status with another hotel chain, you can get a status match with Hilton per this thread on Flyertalk.
And best of all, you do NOT need to complete any stays at Hilton. In the past when requesting a status match, you had to stay four times in 90 days.
Now, you only need to spend a few minutes sending an email. And Hilton will match your status through March 2017. So if you have top tier status with another hotel, you can match to Hilton Diamond status.
Here’s how you can match your current hotel elite status to Hilton elite status.
Hilton Diamond Status Match
Normally you’d need 30 stays or 60 nights to get Hilton Diamond status. But you can match to Hilton Diamond status if you have Hyatt Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, or Starwood Platinum elite status.
Hilton Diamond status gives you:
- Free upgrades (based on availability)
- Free Premium in-room Wi-Fi (where available)
- Free lounge access
- Free health club and fitness center access
- Late check-out
- No fee for second guest (where charged for double occupancy)
- 50% elite status bonus
- Two free bottles of water
If you’re planning on any Hilton stays next year (paid or award), you should consider doing a status match, especially if you’re matching to Hilton Diamond.
By status matching you’ll get all the benefits of being a Hilton Diamond. And you can cancel your Citi Hilton Honors Reserve or Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express and skip paying the annual fee.
How to do a Hilton Status Match
1. Take a photo of your current elite hotel card (or screenshot of your account showing your hotel status). Hilton will accept jpg, word documents, and PDFs.
2. Email the photo (or screenshot) and your Hilton HHonors number to Hilton at HHonorMyStatus@hilton.com before January 11, 2016.
3. Wait to receive confirmation of your matched Hilton elite status in about five business days.
Only include your name, current hotel elite status information, and your Hilton number. Do NOT include any other identifiable information. Personally, I blacked out my Hyatt Diamond number. I figured the screenshot showing my status, the number of stays and my Lifetime Hyatt points was enough proof.
You can status match to Hilton Diamond if you have elite status with another hotel like Hyatt or Starwood.
Simply email a photo or screenshot of your current elite status with another hotel along with your Hilton Honors number to HHonorMyStatus@hilton.com by January 11, 2016. And you’ll be matched to an equivalent elite status with Hilton through March 2017.
The process takes five business days to complete.
Did you match to Hilton Diamond status?