Have an idea for the perfect travel app? Would $50,000 help?
The Perfect Trip Fund Awards Contest is a competition to encourage innovation in the travel ecosystem and engagement with the Concur and TripIt APIs. This selective contest allows entrepreneurs the chance to present to major industry players and a large audience, and to compete for funding from the Perfect Trip Fund.
See the Official Rules for more information.
Two $50,000 awards in the form of convertible notes will be offered in the following two categories:
• The Best Travel-Related Innovation for Businesses
• The Best Travel-Related Innovation for Travelers
The criteria for applying:
The Perfect Trip Fund Awards will be presented to tech innovations that make the business traveler’s life better. While the focus is on the business traveler and helping to enable the “Perfect Trip”, the solutions that contribute to this overall experience touch on all aspects of the travel ecosystem, including:
• Traveler Services: End-user targeted mobile solutions that empower the business traveler and help deliver the Perfect Trip.
• Supplier Systems: Technology solutions targeted at traditional (i.e. airlines, hotels, ground transportation providers, etc.) as well as non-traditional (restaurants, gyms, airport lounges, etc.) travel suppliers.
• Supplier Content: Solutions enabling seamless access to or delivery of travel content (pricing, availability, etc.).
The deadline for applications is Wednesday, Oct. 15, 2014, midnight PST.
The Perfect Trip DevCon 2014 is Thursday, Oct. 30, 2014 at Westin St. Francis, 335 Powell Street in San Francisco. Attendees can learn about new APIs and how to tap the most lucrative segment of the travel market. Go HERE to learn more and register. The cost is $99 per attendee.