- The Faster Free Nights promotion from Hyatt Gold Passport and MasterCard is back. It allows Hyatt Gold Passport members to earn unlimited free nights at Hyatt hotels and resorts worldwide through Jan. 31. Members who pay for their stay with a MasterCard will earn a free night with every two stays and can redeem their free nights before Mar. 31. These awards are provided in addition to the Gold Passport points that members earn on each Hyatt stay. There is no limit to the number of free nights that members can earn. Current Gold Passport members must sign up to participate via http://www.goldpassport.com or by phoning 1-800-51-HYATT. New members who join Gold Passport will automatically be signed up to participate in the promotion.
- Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) members will get a 35 percent savings on the room rate, triple Starpoints and a free night through March 31 at SPG hotels in Hawaii. Stay four nights in selected ocean view rooms and your fifth night is free. Mention rate plan SPGTRPL at booking to receive the discount and triple bonus points.
- For a limited time (not specifically defined by the fine print), United Mileage Plus members who sign up to rent DVDs through Netflix, will earn 2,000 miles after your first month as a paying member, and another 2,000 miles if you pay with your Mileage Plus Visa for a total of 4,000 miles. LINK: http://www.webflyer.com/link/?130
- Through March 31, members of Priority Club Rewards can earn a 30,000-point bonus after just two qualifying stays at any of these four hotels: the InterContinental The Barclay New York, InterContinental The Willard Washington D.C., InterContinental Harbor Court Baltimore and InterContinental Boston. Members must register in advance to participate in this promotion at http://www.intercontinental.com/northeast. Most business and leisure rates qualify.
- Until Feb. 28, members of Frontier Airlines EarlyReturns may redeem 7,500 miles for a non-stop roundtrip between Los Angeles and San Francisco, provided they book their travel before Feb. 28, and complete travel by May 31. This is half the usual amount of miles needed. Members are also being offered 4,500 bonus miles when completing three roundtrip flights between these two airports before Feb. 28. A maximum of 18,000 bonus miles can be earned during this promotion. The 4,500 bonus miles are in addition to the 1,000 miles members earn for these flights for a total of 7,500 miles for three roundtrip flights. Members do not have to register for the bonus miles.
- American Airlines has brought back its short-hop MileSAAver awards, allowing AAdvantage members to fly roundtrip on nonstop routes under 750 air miles one way for 15,000 miles when booking travel on the AA.com Web site. Coach roundtrip awards are available for 15,000 miles, a 10,000-mile savings. First or business class roundtrip awards are available for 30,000 miles, a savings of 15,000 miles. Short-hop MileSAAver awards are available for travel through Feb. 28.
- All Credit Card
Alaska Mileage Plan members who sign up for the Alaska Visa Signature card will earn 20,000 miles upon approval. Cardholders will also get a 2,000-mile anniversary bonus. New cardholders will also receive a $50 companion ticket and another every year. There is no limit to the number of miles a cardholder may earn in a year. This is the richest credit card offer Alaska has ever offered its members.
The new Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature Card is almost too good to be true. In fact, we called a few times just to be sure we were reading this right. You’ll earn five Rewards points for every dollar spent on the card at any Marriott property, plus two points for every dollar spent on qualified dining, airline and rental car purchases, and one point for all other purchases.
Premier cardmembers receive a 15,000-point bonus upon the first use of the card; a free-night certificate valid at category 1-4 hotels, which is awarded upon account approval; a two-for-one golf certificate for use at participating Marriott-managed golf courses; a free-night certificate valid at category 1-5 hotels every year on the account anniversary date; and 15 nights toward elite status every year, which makes every cardmember a Silver Elite member and also gives a boost toward Gold or Platinum Elite status.
This is not to be missed. Visit http://www.marriottrewards.com.
Marriott Rewards members who register at marriottrewards.com will earn MegaBonus points when they stay at participating Marriott properties and payment is made with a Visa card before Jan. 31. There are a number of offers related to this promotion, some only requiring three stays for the bonus points, other requiring 15 nights. Upon registering, the Rewards system will assign you your goal-and using the new Promotional Tracker will certainly make this a new experience.
- United Mileage Plus members who purchase and fly qualifying United, United Express or Ted roundtrips between Nov. 10, 2006, and Feb. 28, 2007, will earn 5,000 miles when completing one roundtrip, 10,000 miles for completing two roundtrips and 25,000 bonus miles when completing three roundtrips. You must register for the promotion before traveling. Some restrictions apply.
- United Mileage Plus members can redeem miles for dining certificates through restaurant.com. Redeem 1,000 miles for a $25 certificate or 2,000 miles for four $25 certificates. Certificates are valid at nearly 7,000 restaurants nationwide. See http://www.insideflyer.com/link/?35 for more information.
- Northwest Airlines WorldPerks is once again offering a cash plus miles option for members who prefer to use miles and cash to get the awards they want. Tickets must be purchased no later than Feb. 17, and member must have at least 10,000 miles in his or her account. Roundtrip North America fares start at $139 plus 10,000 miles; roundtrip transatlantic fares start at $318 and 20,000 miles and roundtrip transpacific fares start at $468 and 20,000 miles. Read the fine print on this offer at http://www.nwa.com