- It’s back! Priority Club has brought back its famous Double Points or Double Miles promotion. From Sept. 15 to Dec. 15, members will earn double starting with their first qualified stay. Visit http://www/priorityclub.com/double to register.
- Southwest and Diners Club have teamed up to offer a 25-percent discount on flights to any Southwest destination. The offer — a perennial Freddie Award favorite — allows members to redeem 18,000 Club Rewards points (normally 24,000 points) between Aug. 15 and Oct. 15, for a Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards roundtrip.
- Best Western is marking its 60th Anniversary by offering lifetime Diamond Elite status to Gold Crown Club members who stay a total of 60 or more qualified nights at Best Western hotels around the world during 2006. To be eligible, guests must be members of Gold Crown Club, but no registration is required.
- Choice Privileges has been great all year in terms of promotions, and this fall is no different. From Sept. 1 to Dec. 15th, Privileges members who stay two separate times at most Choice properties in the U.S., Canada, Mexico or the Caribbean will earn enough points for a free future stay. That’s points, not a time-limited voucher. Check out http://www.choicehotels.com for the scoop.
- American Airlines has brought back its short-hop MileSAAver awards, allowing AAdvantage members to fly roundtrip on nonstop routes under 750 air miles one way for 15,000 miles when booking travel on the AA.com Web site. Economy Class roundtrip awards are available for 15,000 miles, a 10,000-mile savings. First or Business Class roundtrip awards are available for 30,000 miles, a savings of 15,000 miles. Short-hop MileSAAver awards are available for travel from Sept. 1 through Feb. 28, 2007.
- AirTran Airways is letting A+ Rewards members earn roundtrip tickets when they purchase Internet access or voice services from EarthLink. Members can earn at least 16 credits, equal to a roundtrip ticket, when they sign up for EarthLink dial-up, high-speed DSL or cable, or trueVoice Unlimited Internet phone service, for a limited time only.
Visit http://www.earthlink.net/partners/airtran/voice/16online for more information.
Here’s the kicker: Though the offer lasts a “limited time,” no specific end-date has been given. We suggest that if you’re interested, you get moving!
- Red Lion wants you to “Stay the Summer” with them, and they’re offering up to three free nights to do it. Before Sept. 30, book one two or more night stay online and earn 5,000 GuestAwards points; book another, and earn 10,000; book a third, and earn 15,000, for a total of 30,000. Check out http://www.redlion.com/stay the summer for details.
- The new Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature Card is almost too good to be true. In fact, we called a few times just to be sure we were reading this right. The card earn five Rewards points for every dollar spent on the card at any Marriott property, plus two points for every dollar spent on qualified dining, airline and rental car card purchases, and one point for all other card purchases.
Premier cardmembers receive a 15,000-point bonus upon the first use of the card; a free night certificate valid at category 1 — 4 hotels, which is awarded upon account approval; a two-for-one golf certificate for use at participating Marriott-managed golf courses; a free-night certificate valid at category 1-5 hotels every year on the account anniversary date; and 15 nights toward elite status every year, which makes every cardmember a Silver Elite member and also gives a boost toward Gold or Platinum Elite status.
This is not to be missed. http://www.marriottrewards.com/premiervisa
- Through Dec. 14, AAdvantage members can redeem just 50,000 miles for economy-class travel on Air Pacific between North America and Fiji — a savings of 25,000 miles.
Travel is valid one-way or roundtrip and all travel must be completed by Dec. 14. To claim the reduced mileage award, call the AAdvantage department at 1-800-882-8880 and ask for the Air Pacific reduced mileage award to Fiji.
- 20K Bonus Play? A-OK! Once again, Northwest WorldPerks is offering a chance to earn bonus miles through both Northwest and partner activity. Members earn set numbers of miles for various activities — from flying to renting a car to staying at a hotel. Once a member reaches 10,000 miles, he or she will get an extra 10,000 on top of that, for a total of 20,000 miles. Registration is required, and the promotion ends Sept. 30. Check out http://www.nwa.com/offers/20Kbonusplay for details.