When Major League Baseball and InterContinental Hotels Group announced a three-year sponsorship agreement to make Holiday Inn the “Official Hotel of Major League Baseball,” Priority Club members who stayed at any of the seven IHG brands gained access to experiences and merchandise not usually available to members of a hotel loyalty program.
An online auction site ( http://www.priorityclub.com/mlbauction ) exclusively for members of Priority Club has been launched, allowing members to use Priority Club points to bid on Major League Baseball experiences and merchandise, including:
* Tickets to the CENTURY 21 Home Run Derby, including four on-field VIP passes for batting practice;
* Tickets to the MLB All-Star Game, including four on-field VIP passes for batting practice;
* Participation in the All-Star Game Fantasy Camp;
* Postseason and regular season tickets; and
* MLB Authentic Collection jerseys.
The site is available only to members of Priority Club Rewards.
To participate in the auction, Priority Club members can visit priorityclub.com/mlbauction. Each week, Priority Club will add items, including merchandise, experiences and tickets to MLB games. Some distinctive items will include Suite Nights, batting practice or the opportunity to throw out a ceremonial first pitch.
NOTE: At press time, the All-Star VIP package had 56 bids with top bid being 301,800 points. Astros vs. White Sox? 30,100 points.