- Through March 31, JAL Mileage Bank and competitor ANA Mileage Club are offering members in North America double miles on their respective networks.
During the campaign period, double mileage can be earned in all classes on all of JAL Group’s international and Japan domestic flights, as well as codeshare flights operated by partner airlines booked under the JAL flight number.
ANA is also offering double miles on any fare that would normally earn miles. Codeshare flights are ineligible under ANA’s promotion.
Members must register in advance of travel, and the offer cannot be combined with other bonus offers.
- It’s time to pack your bags and take that trip to the Far East, because Continental is offering OnePass members a chance to save some miles on award travel to China. From now until March 31, OnePass members can save 30,000 miles off economy award travel between Beijing and Continental’s New York-area hub, Liberty International.
- Hurry! Feb. 28 is the last day for members to take “AAdvantage” of American and United Mileage Plus’ limited-time offer of reduced-mileage short-haul awards. Members can redeem miles for flights of less than 750 miles for 15,000 miles. First or business-class short-hops are 30,000 miles. Details for both are online with the perspective Web sites.
- Choice Hotels has reintroduced its very popular (as in runner-up for last year’s Freddie Award) “Stay Twice, Earn a Free Night” promotion. From Feb. 1 to April 15, members will get 8,000 points — enough for a free night — on each second qualifying stay. The beauty of this promotion is that you’re rewarded with long-lasting points, not a time-sensitive voucher. Visit http://www.choicehotels.com for the skinny.
- It’s never too early to think about your taxes, particularly when there are miles and points to be earned. There are usually a number of frequent travel-related tax offers this time of year, with Starwood Preferred Guest, Delta SkyMiles and United Mileage Plus blazing the trail in 2006. SPG offers double Starpoints for federal income taxes paid with the Starwood Preferred Guest credit card. Pay online or by phone from March 15 to April 17, and receive double Starpoints on your first $5,000 in tax payments (pay1040.com/starwood). SkyMiles members can earn double miles with the SkyMiles American Express card between Feb. 15 and April 17. SkyMiles members are limited to 30-100,000 bonus miles depending on your tax bill and the type of SkyMiles American Express card you have (pay1040.com/delta). United Mileage Plus members have a chance for double miles all year long when paying any tax through http://www.officialpayments.com
- From Jan. 16 to April 30, Priority Club members can earn 3,000 bonus points or 1,000 miles for every third qualifying night at InterContinental hotels, up to ten times, for a maximum bonus of 30,000 points or 10,000 miles.
Registration is required, so log on to http://www.priorityclub.com/3000
- Triple points are always a good thing, so we’re pleased to tell you that from Feb. 6 to April 30, stays at La Quinta booked through LG.com will earn triple points. What’s more, everyone who registers has a chance to win one of hundreds of SIRIUS Satellite Radio subscriptions.
- Flying along the East Coast, West Coast or to or from Denver? Give United and American some consideration. Through Feb. 15, Mileage Plus members who fly up to four roundtrips to/from Washington, D.C., can earn up to 25,500 bonus miles or 25 percent off a future flight. The bonus or discount increases according to the number of flights, beginning with a 2,500-mile bonus for the first flight and reaching 10,000 miles for the fourth flight, for a total of 25,500 miles. The discount begins at 10 percent and reaches 25 percent for four or more flights.
At the same time, members who fly up to eight roundtrips between any airports in California, Oregon and Washington can earn up to 36,000 miles or 20 percent off a future flight. The increases in miles or discounts are roughly the same as with the Washington offer.
American AAdvantage is also offering up to 36,000 bonus miles for flying eight roundtrips to/from Denver or to/from any destination in California, Oregon or Washington through Feb. 15.
Members can earn 1,000 bonus miles for the first trip, 2,000 for the second, and up to 8,000 for the eighth trip for a grand total of 36,000 miles. Registration is required.
Visit http://www.united.com or http://www.aa.com for details.
- Northwest WorldPerks has essentially “extended” its “Fly Free Faster” promotion by offering “Fly Free Faster 2nd Chance.”
Through Feb.15, members who successfully apply for a new WorldPerks Visa Card and earn two partner credits (rent a car, stay at a hotel, dine out, shop at the WorldPerks Mall, etc.) will earn 5,000 bonus miles. The bonus is in addition to the WorldPerks Visa enrollment bonus and mileage earned for partner transactions.
Online enrollment is required at http://www.nwa.com Enter code 8936.
- OK, so it’s not going to earn you a trip around the world, but we thought this little item was creative: In a partnership with Continental Airlines, SlopeTracker, and Telluride (Colo.) Ski Resort, skiers participating in the Telluride Mountain Miles program will earn one OnePass mile for every 100 vertical feet skied. Members who book a four-day (or longer) stay, and travel with Continental, can participate by checking into the Mountain Village ticket office. They will receive an armband that calculates the number of miles earned on the slopes.