- If you hadn’t noticed this, we don’t blame you. As we go to press, there’s nary a mention of the increased online booking bonus at US Airways.com. Dividend Miles members who book online and fly by Sept. 30 will earn 2,500 bonus miles — more than double the usual bonus. Here’s the link: http://www.usairways.com/dividendmiles/7689.htm
- All good things must end, but with Hyatt Gold Passport, they just keep coming back. Enter the most recent incarnation of Faster Free Nights, the perennial Freddie Award favorite that awards one free night for every two stays paid for with a MasterCard. The promotion is slated to run from Sept. 1 to Nov. 30, for award stays between Sept. 15 and Jan 31., 2006. Full details are available online at http://www.goldpassport.com, or interested members may call 800 51 HYATT for the complete scoop.
- Choice Privileges makes a triumphant return to the promotional ring with its “Stay 2 Times, Earn a Free Night” promotion — a close runner-up for Best Bonus in last year’s Freddie Award voting.
From Sept. 1 to Nov. 30, Choice Privilege members who make two separate qualifying stays at any Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality, Sleep Inn, Clarion or MainStay Suites hotel throughout the U.S. will earn 6,500 bonus points, which along with the regular points earned through those two stays, is enough for a free night.
And therein lies the real strength of this promotion: Members receive points, not a time-limited voucher. There is no limit to the number of times the bonus can be earned.
Check http://www.choiceprivileges.com for details.
- For the past two years, InterContinental Priority Club Rewards has taken home the Best Bonus Freddie Award for its Double Points or Double Miles promotion. Can they do it a third year in a row?
It’s back, this time from Sept. 12 to Dec. 16. Members will earn double points or miles with each qualifying stay, beginning with the second, during the promotional period.
Registration is required. Log on to http://www.priorityclub.com/double or call 888-560-5660 and enter promo code 7453 when prompted.
- With summer vacations just around the corner, Marriott Rewards has reduced the number of points needed to visit some of the world’s most popular destinations. Marriott Rewards PointSavers allow members to save up to 33 percent on points needed to earn vacations at participating destinations.
And, of course, we’d be remiss not to mention the Hilton HHonors Point Stretchers — they’ll let you stay for 40 percent fewer points than the amount of points required for Standard hotel rewards at participating hotels worldwide.
- Gold Crown Club members in the U.S. and Canada will find something extra in their accounts this fall. Best Western has brought back its popular “Double Up” promotion, allowing members to earn double points or miles for all stays from Sept. 6 to Dec. 14.
No particular type of credit card is necessary, and the extra earning begins with the first stay. Check out the details online at http://www.goldcrownclub.com, or, to register by phone, call 800-237-8483 and ask for promo code DOUBLE.
- Are we reading this right? It seems that after we’ve been touting the standard 15,000-mile bonus for getting a United Mileage Plus Visa card, someone’s come along and topped it. At least for the foreseeable future, successful applicants for the United Mileage Plus Signature Visa card will now earn a full 20,000 miles on their first purchase. The link is too long to reproduce here, but interested applicants can find out more by logging on to http://www.FlyerTalk.com, clicking into the “Mileage Buzz” forum, and then entering “list of current mileage deals creating a buzz.”
- Imitation may be the sincerest form of flattery, but in this case, it just means more options for you. Both United Mileage Plus and American AAdvantage are offering short-haul awards again.
Members of both programs can redeem miles for flights less than 750 miles for 15,000 miles — that’s 10,000 miles off the usual saver price. First or business-class short-hops are available for 30,000 miles.
The only real difference is the dates: The Mileage Plus promotion is available now through Dec. 31, and American’s is slated for Sept. 1 though Feb. 28, 2006.
- Northwest WorldPerks has brought back “Fly Free Faster,” a perennial favorite that promotes partner activity. Members can earn 10,000 miles by completing one “qualifying activity” and then earning five partner credits by Sept. 30. Registration is required by Sept. 15. Check out http://www.nwa.com/offers/fff2005 for the scoop!
- Delta SkyMiles has launched a fall bonus miles promotion allowing SkyMiles members to earn double flown miles for flights booked at delta.com with their American Express cards, then completed during September and October. Mileage awarded will be equivalent to double the actual flown miles, or a total of 1,000 miles for flights less than 500 miles.
To qualify for the offer, members can enroll online now through Oct. 31 at http://www.delta.com/falldoublemiles. Members must then purchase a ticket on delta.com using any American Express credit card.