* 500 airline partner miles per stay.
– Free Nights (Between 10,000 and 25,000 partner miles, depending on category of hotel).
– Air Canada/Aeroplan, Asia Miles (earning and redemption), Alaska Mileage Plan (earning only).
* Car rental
* Green (Entry-level)
– Free local calls, one-minute check-in guarantee (after 3 p.m.), “I’m On My Way” early check-in, express checkout, 24-hour concierge service even when you’re not checked in, priority waitlist, check-cashing privileges, one complimentary one-class upgrade from Hertz.
* Gold (5 stays or 20 nights)
– $200 in credit towards dining or room charges (use for upgrades), nightly turndown service with bottled water, unlimited, complimentary two-class Hertz upgrade.
* Platinum (15 stays or 30 nights)
– Unlimited upgrades to best available room at time of check-in, free high-speed Internet access (where available), complimentary full American or continental breakfast, 48-hour guaranteed availability, personalized choice of welcome snack priority Platinum service line, $300 credit for dining or room charges, 20% discount on June Jacobs Spa products.
RULES and RESTRICTIONS
* Account transfer/pooling
– Not Available.
* Mileage/point purchase
– Not Available.
– Elite-level membership is annual, and expires at the end of February each year, unless renewed.
* Award transfers
– Hotel stay award transfers are subject to the miles-issuing program.
Founded in 1962 in Richmond, British Columbia, Delta Hotels has grown from a single 62-room motor inn to become Canada’s largest first-class hotel management company. Today, it boasts a portfolio of more than 35 properties.
Delta Hotels introduced Delta Privilege, its signature guest recognition program, in 1989. That program’s hallmark and most enduring feature — the famous “One Minute Check-In Guarantee” — is another industry first. It guarantees Privilege members that they will be checked in within one minute or the first night of their stay will be free.
Like many smaller programs, Delta Privilege does not try to go head-to-head against the big boys in bare miles and points. Instead, Delta’s program is primarily a guest recognition program, offering in perks what it lacks in awards.