- If you hadn’t noticed this, we don’t blame you. As we go to press, there’s nary a mention of the increased online booking bonus at US Airways.com. Dividend Miles members who book online and fly by Sept. 30 will earn 2,500 bonus miles — more than double the usual bonus. Here’s the link:
- Until Aug. 31, Diners Club Club Rewards members will earn a 50-percent bonus when redeeming points for British Airways Executive Club miles.
If you are not already a member, you must enroll in Executive Club before calling Club Rewards to convert your points. After you’ve enrolled, call Club Rewards at 800-234-4034 to redeem.
- Through Aug. 31, Priority Club members will earn 2,000 bonus points or 500 bonus miles on every second qualifying stay, up to 20,000 points or 5,000 miles. Members who stay at Candlewood Suites or Staybridge Suites will earn an additional 1,000 points or 250 miles for every qualifying stay.
And during the same period, all online bookings paid with a Visa card will earn an extra 500 points, as will any online booking for an Asia Pacific region property.
Registration is, of course, required. Visit http://www.priorityclub.com/2000, or call 1-800-560-5660 and enter code 3241 when prompted.
- They do it four times a year, and it’s a heckuva deal. Until Sept. 1, Alaska Mileage Plan members can save 7,000 miles on the usual 20,000-mile Coach Saver Award on flights between Seattle and Calgary, Montana or Sun Valley, or between Portland and Montana. This is a significant improvement over last season’s sale, which was only applicable to residents of the state of Alaska.
- With summer vacations just around the corner, Marriott Rewards has reduced the number of points needed to visit some of the world’s most popular destinations. Marriott Rewards PointSavers allow members to save up to 33 percent on points needed to earn vacations at participating destinations.
And, of course, we’d be remiss not to mention the Hilton HHonors Point Stretchers — they’ll let you stay for 40 percent fewer points than the amount of points required for Standard hotel rewards at participating hotels worldwide.
- So you just saw one graduate off, and it’s time to send another to college. If you’re in need of private student loans, give Loan to Learn a look. Members of American AAdvantage and Delta SkyMiles programs can earn up to 15,000 bonus miles when obtaining student loans from Loan to Learn.
Members earn 15,000 miles for loans of $25,000 or more, and 10,000 miles for loans between $15,000 and $25,000. Log on at LoanToLearn.com.
- Are we reading this right? It seems that after we’ve been touting the standard 15,000-mile bonus for getting a United Mileage Plus Visa card, someone’s come along and topped it. At least for the foreseeable future, successful applicants for the United Mileage Plus Signature Visa card will now earn a full 20,000 miles on their first purchase. The link is too long to reproduce here, but interested applicants can find out more by logging on to http://www.FlyerTalk.com, clicking into the “Mileage Buzz” forum, and then entering “list of current mileage deals creating a buzz.”
- Imitation may be the sincerest form of flattery, but in this case, it just means more options for you. Both United Mileage Plus and American AAdvantage are offering short-haul awards again.
Members of both programs can redeem miles for flights less than 750 miles for 15,000 miles — that’s 10,000 miles off the usual saver price. First or business-class short-hops are available for 30,000 miles.
The only real difference is the dates: The Mileage Plus promotion is available now through Dec. 31, and American’s is slated for Sept. 1 though Feb. 28, 2006.
- Northwest WorldPerks has brought back “Fly Free Faster,” a perennial favorite that promotes partner activity. Members can earn 10,000 miles by completing one “qualifying activity” and then earning five partner credits by Sept. 30. Registration is required by Sept. 15. Check out http://www.nwa.com/offers/fff2005 for the scoop!
- Worldhotels has announced the return of its “WORLDHOTELS.get more” promotion, offering discounts of up to 50 percent and bonus miles at participating hotels worldwide.
Members of AAdvantage, ANA Mileage Club, Asiana Club, Delta SkyMiles, Miles & More, Northwest WorldPerks, Thai Royal Orchid Plus, United Airlines Mileage Plus and Varig Smiles will net 1,500 miles (2,400 km on Air China) until Aug. 31. All guests will automatically be entered into drawing to win a complimentary weekend stay for two at one of the participating hotels.