- Until July 15, Delta SkyMiles members can achieve Silver Medallion status with a single flight from one of 14 cities.
Any Delta or Song flight that originates from one of the following cities qualifies: Binghamton, N.Y., Burlington, Vt., Buffalo, N.Y., Charlotte, N.C., Erie, Pa., Wilmington, N.C., Harrisburg/Middleton, Pa., Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Providence, R.I., Richmond, Va., Rochester, N.Y., State College, Pa., or Syracuse, NY.
Silver Medallion status earned through the promotion is valid through February 28, 2006.
(Big Deal? How about the extra 25 percent mileage bonus on flight miles, the companion upgrade from certain fares as well as eligibility of getting upgraded. Think about it.)
- Until Aug. 31, Diners Club Club Rewards members will earn a 50-percent bonus when redeeming points for British Airways Executive Club miles. If you are not already a member, you must enroll in Executive Club before calling Club Rewards to convert your points. After you’ve enrolled, call Club Rewards at 800-234-4034 to redeem.
- Through Aug. 31, Priority Club members will earn 2,000 bonus points or 500 bonus miles on every second qualifying stay, up to 20,000 points or 5,000 miles. Members who stay at Candlewood Suites or Staybridge Suites will earn an additional 1,000 points or 250 miles for every qualifying stay.
And during the same period, all online bookings paid with a Visa card will earn an extra 500 points, as will any online booking for an Asia Pacific region property.
Registration is, of course, required. Visit http://www.priorityclub.com/2000, or call 1-800-560-5660 and enter code 3241 when prompted.
- If you’re in the market for a car this summer, give Chrysler some consideration. United Mileage Plus members who buy an eligible 2005 Chrysler by Aug. 1 will earn 70,000 bonus miles – enough for two coach tickets to Hawaii.
And dare one think about how many miles this could be if the purchase could somehow be put on a mileage-earning credit card?
Register online at http://www.united.com/chrysler, visit your local Chrysler dealership and purchase a new, eligible 2005 Chrysler vehicle, taking delivery by Aug. 1, and submit your purchase information by Aug. 31.
- With summer vacations just around the corner, Marriott Rewards has reduced the number of points needed to visit some of the world’s most popular destinations. Marriott Rewards PointSavers allow members to save up to 33 percent on points needed to earn vacations at participating destinations.
And, of course, we’d be remiss not to mention the Hilton HHonors Point Stretchers — they’ll let you stay for 40 percent fewer points than the amount of points required for Standard hotel rewards at participating hotels worldwide.
- So you just saw one graduate off, and it’s time to send another to college. If you’re in need of private student loans, give Loan to Learn a look. Members of American AAdvantage and Delta SkyMiles programs can earn up to 15,000 bonus miles when obtaining student loans from Loan to Learn.
Members earn 15,000 miles for loans of $25,000 or more, and 10,000 miles for loans between $15,000 and $25,000. Log on at http://www.LoanToLearn.com.
- Are we reading this right? It seems that after we’ve been touting the standard 15,000-mile bonus for getting a United Mileage Plus Visa card, someone’s come along and topped it. At least for the foreseeable future, successful applicants for the United Mileage Plus Signature Visa card will now earn a full 20,000 miles on their first purchase. The link is too long to reproduce here, but interested applicants can find out more by logging on to http://www.FlyerTalk.com, clicking into the “Mileage Buzz” forum, and then entering “list of current mileage deals creating a buzz.”
- Priority Club is so sure of your loyalty, they’re willing to put it to the test by offering you free nights at competitor’s hotels. Members can redeem their points for an American Express-branded prepaid lodging card that can be used as payment at any lodging establishment where the American Express Card is welcome. Visit http://www.priorityclub.com/anyhotel for the details.
- In an unusual twist, members of US Airways Dividend Miles will earn 1,000 bonus miles toward elite status when purchasing tickets at usairways.com and traveling by July 31. Combine this offer with the elite bonus miles that can come from using the US Airways Visa card, and this may be the fastest track to elite status in some time.
- Northwest WorldPerks has brought back “Fly Free Faster,” a perennial favorite that promotes partner activity. Members can earn 10,000 miles by completing one “qualifying activity” and then earning five partner credits by Sept. 30. Registration is required by Sept. 15. Check out http://www.nwa.com/offers/fff2005 for the scoop!