- Take a bite out of your student loan debt by claiming a full 10,000 miles from United Mileage Plus College Plus.
The program, which usually allows members to earn miles with various partners, also gives a full 10,000-mile bonus just for graduating. Members need to send a final transcript showing that they did indeed graduate as a full-time student from a U.S. college or university, their Mileage Plus/College Plus number and their email address to Mileage Plus, P.O. Box 40, Rapid City, SD 57709.
The trick is, you have to be a member of the program before you graduate. Check out the College Plus program under “Mileage Plus” on the http://www.united.com Web site.
- Until Aug. 31, Diners Club Club Rewards members will earn a 50-percent bonus when redeeming points for British Airways Executive Club miles.
If you are not already a member, you must enroll in Executive Club before calling Club Rewards to convert your points. After you’ve enrolled, call Club Rewards at 800-234-4034 to redeem.
- Through Aug. 31, Priority Club members will earn 2,000 bonus points or 500 bonus miles on every second qualifying stay, up to 20,000 points or 5,000 miles. Members who stay at Candlewood Suites or Staybridge Suites will earn an additional 1,000 points or 250 miles for every qualifying stay.
And during the same period, all online bookings paid with a Visa card will earn an extra 500 points, as will any online booking for an Asia Pacific region property.
Registration is, of course, required. Visit http://www.priorityclub.com/2000, or call 1-800-560-5660 and enter code 3241 when prompted.
- If you’re in the market for a car this summer, give Chrysler some consideration. United Mileage Plus members who buy an eligible 2005 Chrysler by Aug. 1 will earn 70,000 bonus miles — enough for two coach tickets to Hawaii.
And dare one think about how many miles this could be if the purchase could somehow be put on a mileage-earning credit card?
Register online at http://www.united.com/chrysler, visit your local Chrysler dealership and purchase a new, eligible 2005 Chrysler vehicle, taking delivery by Aug. 1, and submit your purchase information by Aug. 31.
- With summer vacations just around the corner, Marriott Rewards has reduced the number of points needed to visit some of the world’s most popular destinations. Marriott Rewards PointSavers allow members to save up to 33 percent on points needed to earn vacations at participating destinations.
And, of course, we’d be remiss not to mention the Hilton HHonors Point Stretchers — they’ll let you stay for 40 percent fewer points than the amount of points required for Standard hotel rewards at participating hotels worldwide.
- US Airways Dividend Miles members can still earn double miles good toward Preferred status with the purchase of any paid fare for nonstop travel between Ronald Reagan Washington National and Atlanta, Chicago O’Hare, Cleveland, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Detroit or Houston through June 30.
- Are we reading this right? It seems that after we’ve been touting the standard 15,000-mile bonus for getting a United Mileage Plus Visa card, someone’s come along and topped it. At least for the foreseeable future, successful applicants for the United Mileage Plus Signature Visa card will now earn a full 20,000 miles on their first purchase. The link is too long to reproduce here, but interested applicants can find out more by logging on to http://www.FlyerTalk.com, clicking into the “Mileage Buzz” forum, and then entering “list of current mileage deals creating a buzz.”
- Feeling Independent? Enough to get a free flight in half the time? Through June 30, members of upstart Independence Air’s iCLUB will net double points for flights booked online at http://www.FLYi.com. Remember that through iCLUB, members earn one point for every dollar spent. With free trips starting at 1,500 points, members need only spend $750 during the promotional period.
- Priority Club has quietly been offering 20 percent off hotel redemptions around the world. Nights at select Holiday Inns, for example, are now on sale for 12,000 points (a savings of 3,000 points) through June 15.
Go to http://www.priorityclub.com, click on “View All Offers,” and find out how to save.
- America West FlightFund members who fly America West roundtrip in first class six times before Sept. 30 will be awarded Gold Elite status; three first-class roundtrips earn Silver status. Elite status earned through the promotion will remain in effect through Feb. 28, 2006. Tickets need to be purchased by June 30. Qualifying activity must be booked, purchased and flown in First Class. (First Rate upgrades from coach, upgrades based on mileage redemption or Elite status, award travel booked in First Class, and any other type of upgrade or complimentary travel do not qualify for this offer). Registration is required ( http://www.americawest.com/flightfund/promotions/form.asp?promocode=FC05 ), the promo code is FC05.