- Priority Club’s “Double Points or Double Miles” promotion has ended, but fear not.
Between May 16 and Aug. 31, members will earn 2,000 bonus points or 500 bonus miles on every second qualifying stay, up to 20,000 points or 5,000 miles. Members who stay at Candlewood Suites or Staybridge Suites will earn an additional 1,000 points or 250 miles for every qualifying stay.
And during the same period, all online bookings paid with a Visa card will earn an extra 500 points, as will any online booking for an Asia Pacific region property.
Registration is, of course, required. Visit http://www.priorityclub.com/2000, or call 1-800-560-5660 and enter code 3241 when prompted.
- Marriott is once again giving Rewards members the opportunity to earn up to 10,000 bonus points through the MegaBonus promotion. Members who register online or by calling 1-888-MARRIOTT (627-7468) and stay until June 1 will earn 2,500 bonus points per stay, starting with the second stay — up to a total of 10,000 points.
- Alaska Mileage Plan members can now save 7,000 miles off the regular 20,000-mile Mileage Plan Coach Saver award on Alaska flights between Las Vegas, Phoenix or San Diego and Canada.
This offer is valid for travel through June 9.
- Northwest Airlines WorldPerks is running a special deal that earns miles for hotel stays through its “WorldPerks Mission for Miles” promotion through May 15. The offer finds Northwest matching up to 100 percent of standard miles earned on multiple hotel stays. Participating hotel partners include Hilton Hotels and Resorts, Marriott, InterContinental Hotels Group and Starwood Hotels & Resorts. For full details and to register, visit http://www.nwa.com/promo/missionformiles and enter promotion code 8722.
- With summer vacations just around the corner, Marriott Rewards has reduced the number of points needed to visit some of the world’s most popular destinations. Marriott Rewards PointSavers allow members to save up to 33 percent on points needed to earn vacations at participating destinations.
All Marriott PointSaver hotels are discounted one category. For example, the Scottsdale Marriott at McDowell Mountain is a category 5 hotel and usually requires 25,000 Marriott Reward points for one night. But with PointSavers, it can be redeemed as a category 4 points, 20,000 Marriott Reward points. Awards may be booked now for stays through Sept. 30.
- Delta SkyMiles members will be seeing quadruple — miles, that is — for renting a compact car or larger vehicle with Thrifty for two or more days until May 31.That’s a full 200 a day. Use PC Code DLT5 when booking at http://www.thrifty.com.
- Are we reading this right? It seems that after we’ve been touting the standard 15,000-mile bonus for getting a United Mileage Plus Visa card, someone’s come along and topped it. At least for the foreseeable future, successful applicants for the United Mileage Plus Signature Visa card will now earn a full 20,000 miles on their first purchase. The link is too long to reproduce here, but interested applicants can find out more by logging on to http://www.FlyerTalk.com, clicking into the “Mileage Buzz” forum, and then entering “list of current mileage deals creating a buzz.”
- Feeling Independent? Enough to get a free flight in half the time? Through June 30, members of upstart Independence Air’s iCLUB will net double points for flights booked online at http://www.FLYi.com. Remember that through iCLUB, members earn one point for every dollar spent. With free trips starting at 1,500 points, members need only spend $750 during the promotional period.
- Until May 31, Northwest will match up to 100 percent of standard miles earned on car partner rental transactions. For WorldPerks Visa Cardmembers, Northwest will double the bonus miles — up to a 200-percent match of standard miles earned. Register first, then rent at any participating Alamo Rent A Car, Dollar Rent a Car, National Car Rental or Thrifty Car Rental location, and ask for your WorldPerks miles when picking up your vehicle. To register and for more details, visit http://www.nwa.com and enter promotion code 8763.
- America West FlightFund members who fly America West roundtrip in first class six times before Sept. 30 will be awarded Gold Elite status; three first-class roundtrips earn Silver status. Elite status earned through the promotion will remain in effect through Feb. 28, 2006. Tickets need to be purchased by June 30. Qualifying activity must be booked, purchased and flown in First Class. (First Rate upgrades from coach, upgrades based on mileage redemption or Elite status, award travel booked in First Class, and any other type of upgrade or complimentary travel do not qualify for this offer). Registration is required ( http://www.americawest.com/flightfund/promotions/form.asp?promocode=FC05 ), the promo code is FC05.