- So Southwest thinks it can come to Philly without a fight?
Not so fast.
To keep the low-fare competitor at bay, the US Airways Dividend Miles program is offering double and triple miles for flights between Philadelphia and Birmingham, Ala., Chicago, Fort Lauderdale, Fla., Houston, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Mo., Little Rock, Ark., Los Angeles, Manchester, N.H., Nashville, Tenn., New Orleans, Orlando, Fla., Phoenix, Providence, R.I., Raleigh/Durham, N.C., San Diego, Seattle, St. Louis, Tampa, Fla. and West Palm Beach, Fla.
Through Sept. 1, all those flights will earn double miles; if booked online, they’ll earn triple miles. Check out the offer at http://www.usairways.com/dividendmiles/9512.htm.
- Double Points or Double Miles from Priority Club is returning! From May 17 through Aug. 31, stay at any InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites or Candlewood Suites, and you’ll earn twice the miles or points beginning with your second stay. Register at http://www.priorityclub.com/double, or call (888) 560-5660 and enter promo code 8932.
- Northwest WorldPerks’ Fly Free Faster promotion is back. Here’s how it works: Register for the promotion, then complete one qualifying activity and earn five partner credits between June 1 and Aug. 31 to earn 10,000 bonus miles. To register and read complete details, visit http://www.nwa.com/offers/fff2004 and enter registration code 8645.
- Though these credit card bonuses rank at number four on our list, we’re calling them our “Sweet Fifteens” (as in 15,000 miles/points).
Delta SkyMiles: Sign up for the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card by American Express and earn 15,000 bonus miles with your first purchase. To apply, visit http://www.delta.com or call (888) 225-4311 and use promo code 1NK.
Marriott Rewards: Apply for the Platinum Business card and earn 15,000 bonus points upon first purchase. To apply, visit http://www.marriott.com. And if you apply for the Marriott Rewards Visa Signature card, you’ll not only earn the bonus with your first purchase, you’ll also receive a complimentary upgrade to Silver elite status. Call Bank One at (888) 624-9604 for more information.
- Southwest is extending its online bonus credit offer until Dec. 31. Rapid Rewards members who book online at http://www.southwest.com will receive one bonus credit for each roundtrip booked and flown by the end of the year (a half-credit bonus will be awarded if a one-way travel segment is booked). This adds up to a total of three credits for a roundtrip flight booked on the site.
- It’s tough to beat a 50-percent bonus, which is exactly what you will receive when converting Diners Club Club Rewards points to Executive Club miles through June 30. For example, during the promotional period a conversion of 100,000 Club Rewards points will earn you 75,000 Executive Club miles — enough to fly roundtrip in World Traveler Class from the U.S. to London. U.S. residents: to enroll in BA Executive Club, call (800) 754-7561. Once you’re enrolled, call Club Rewards at (800) 234-4034 to transfer your Club Rewards points.
- Through June 30, American AAdvantage members can earn big miles for Starwood stays in the U.S. and Canada. Members can earn a full 1,000 miles for their first stay, 2,000 for the second, and 3,000 for the third. Registration is required. Friday and Saturday stays are not eligible, but otherwise, game on.
- Through July 15, members of Best Western’s Gold Crown Club International program can earn one free night for every two stays paid for with a MasterCard. Unfortunately, the free night can only be earned once, but a one-for-two deal is still darn good. Registration is required at http://www.goldcrownclub.com. Use promo code MC2X (get it?) when registering.
- America West is now offering two nonrefundable first-class fares, one with a seven-day advance purchase requirement and one with no advance purchase requirement. Both are 40 to 70 percent less expensive than the industry average.
To promote the new fares, FlightFund is offering Gold elite status through 2005 to members who fly six first-class roundtrips before Sept. 6 (tickets must be purchased before June 30). Members who fly three such roundtrips will earn Silver elite status.
- Act now … or act later, it doesn’t matter because there’s no time limit on this one. Frontier Airlines’ EarlyReturns program continues to offer the lowest-mileage award travel in the nation — perhaps even the world. With roundtrip domestic flights starting at just 15,000 miles, roundtrips to Mexico starting at 25,000 miles, and continuing route expansions, it pays to explore this Frontier.